Weird behavior in "Under the Knife"

HasteBro

Every time my script adventures in the Alley and it gets the non-combat adventure "Under The Knife" (aka. sex change non-combat), the script skips the rest of the adventuring and finishes running (it's not supposed to, as there are no conditions set or any sort of command for stopping execution). Auto choice for it is set as "skip adventure" (choice 2). Session logs show nothing out of the ordinary either.

The script cycles adventures in about 7 different places, one per day, and from all choice advs it encounters, this is the only one that does that.

Anyone knows what might be doing that?

Bale

Minion
"Under the Knife" is marked as an auto-stop adventure.

That was my first thought also, but there's an interesting thing about "Under the Knife". According to r7696, that is only supposed to be an autostop if the corresponding choice adventure setting is set to "switch genders". If that has stopped working, it would be a bug...

HasteBro

I thought it might be an auto-stop, but I also thought it would show a message saying the script stopped because of that. Why is it an auto-stop anyway? Wouldn't having the auto choice set be enough?

Bale

Minion
There is no message for an auto-stop. It just stops. A message (and logging) for auto-stops would be a decent feature request.

Theraze

I've found that the currently best way to work around an autostop is to simply ignore it and do individual adventures. Something like:
Code:
boolean keepadventuring = true;
while (my_adventures() > 0 && keepadventuring) keepadventuring = adventure(1, $location[back alley]);
That may not work, since we're actually paying attention to what the result of the adventure is, but... autostops are tricky to script around.

Bale

Minion
That's not the problem unless the thread opener is being stupid. He clearly spelled out that his choice adventure is already selected to skip the adventure so there shouldn't be an autostop issue unless mafia has a bug.

I have the same issue actually. I have mine set to "Skip adventure" and it still gets hung up on that NC from time to time.