Feature Vicious talon slash should be in the battleAction dropdown

stannius

1) gong bird
2) go to Adventure tab. click on Action dropdown

It would be nice if vicious talon slash were listed.

There is a workaround. In the cli:
set battleAction = talon slash

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Maybe you meant Feature instead of Bug? Was there a time when it would dynamically show up when you were in birdform? I haven't used that part of mafia in forever because I would just use a custom combat script instead, which you can still do.

Unless mafia actually adds that to the list after you've spent a turn in birdform, in which case it should be there right away probably.

Rinn

Developer
I was under the impression the combat skill\item lists are populated by kol proper and not really modified by mafia. Is this the action dropdown in the top combat bar or the old one below the combat text? Did you check kol without mafia running, also what revision are you on? Do you have any combat relay overrides or greasemonkey scripts running that might be causing a conflict?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
He's clicking on the KoLmafia GUI, where the Battle Action is populated with the skills you have permed and various items you may - or may not - actually have, but which are frequent choices.

For example, the bottle of Gü-gone is ALWAYS an item choice - whether or not you have one.

Changing the KoLmafia GUI for use in automated adventuring to have exactly what is ACTUALLY available in your skills and items, we assume - sounds like a Feature rather than a bug.

Rinn

Developer
Oh I see, I've had that action set to custom combat script for years so I didn't even consider that.

stannius

I could have sworn I saw this there before. Guess not. Thanks for changing it to a feature request.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
if you prefer to call it a Feature Request

It's not a matter of opinion. Being able to notice when your available skills change due to equipment or effects and altering the drop down to match that change is a feature. That feature is not present.

stannius

It's not a matter of opinion. Being able to notice when your available skills change due to equipment or effects and altering the drop down to match that change is a feature. That feature is not present.

I disagree with you; I think that it is a matter of opinion. Since we disagree on that point, it seems that whether or not it is a matter of opinion, is also a matter of opinion - a meta-opinion? Though after some thought, I agree with you that this particular issue is a feature request (since it's working as the original author intended.)

Last edited:

xKiv

I think the issue is that you don't have any compelling reason why it *must* be changed.

Veracity's explanation (permed skills and frequent item choices) is good for me - it means that the selection never shrinks, and therefore whatever you selected can stay selected.

In the world of commercial development, classifying something as a feature means you can blame the problem on whoever wrote the spec.

Or the customer wanting extra functionality for free.