Veracity's MMG scripts

Journeyman

Same as Zanmatoer:
Moving 3,254,737 Meat to closet.
Placing meat into closet...
Betting 5,000 meat from inventory
Bet 1/1/1: for 5,000 Meat -> bet #71003658
Waiting for MMG event...
02/25/11 09:39:30 AM - Grindar took your 5,000 Meat bet, and you won, earning you 9,990 Meat.

...and then nothing. Running 5000 meat bet, factor 2.5, 7 iterations, 1 chain

Journeyman

Ok, perhaps this is not a bug. The latest hourly build still doesn't work from me...but the Exe compiled last evening works just fine. Now that I think of it, mmg.ash only stopped working for me after I moved from compiled exe's to jar files.

zanmatoer

Journeyman, you sir are correct. I tried again with the 14.4 exe and it works fine. Made about 200 bets just fine.

Why, however? I have no idea.

Serin

Hrm, What would I have to modify to make this work on an Anti-martingale system rather than a martingale system?

Serin

Thanks for your help! =)

Er. It still uses try as a variable, and after modifying it to not do so. It stops on the first event =/ So, I think I edited it wrong.

Last edited:

Theraze

Eh, here's a version of the post 45 attachment with the notify bits removed (so Veracity doesn't get spammed to death), the comment on loss threshold removed (since there is no loss threshold and it requests the win threshold when run), and all of the 'try' bits changed to attempt, which is what Veracity did in her update.

All credit goes to Veracity and Misteryous Stranger.

Attachments

• anti-martingale.ash
    4.8 KB · Views: 87

bundy81881

Hi everyone. I've been trying to work these scripts (mmg.ash and anti-martingale.ash) and every time it only goes to one run. No chains or anything like that. I've looked through this thread and have tried playing around with the updates but it still seems to only do one round of bets.

I have my settings at 1000 meat, 2.5 float, 7 iterations, 5 simultaneous bets.

I am sorta new to KOL mafia so maybe am I just forgetting to do some extremely basic task here?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is likely fixed with revision 9215; apparently recent chat changes in KoLmafia busted it. I just ran the script a few times with up to 5 chains going at once and it worked correctly.

getfresh

This is likely fixed with revision 9215; apparently recent chat changes in KoLmafia busted it. I just ran the script a few times with up to 5 chains going at once and it worked correctly.

Is this a fix for the "try" error? Cause I just got that a few hr ago and my script was working this morning.

NVM, just read up.

Wondering if you can add a delay timer into the parameters. Like add delay in seconds before doing next link in the current chain.

Last edited:

getfresh

just had this error trying to run the script updates.

Moving 101,279 Meat to closet.
Placing meat into closet...
Transfer failed for Meat Gained: 101,279
Transfer failed for 101279 meat
Retrieving character data...
Requests complete.

Suggestions?

mredge73

Mafia has had a fever recently and may still be a little sick, you may want to try updating mafia or wait a few days for it to pass.
As big as a change that KOL has made recently with the closet interface, you can expect that mafia will need a few days to recoup.

oztrich

I used to run this script quite a lot before taking a break from the game for the last 3 or 4 months, and now it seems to operate differently than before. I've just re-downloaded the latest version to make sure I'm up to date and it's still a little weird.

At the prompts I'd normally answer this:
int = amount I want to bet
float factor = 1 (I don't want to multiply the bet)
int interations = 1 (I only want 1 bet per chain)
int chain_count = 5 (I want 5 simultaneous bets)

This used to give me 5 bets of equal amounts and then stop regardless of whether they won or lost. I could then review my results after those 5 bets and decide whether to adjust my stake.

Now it seems to take these settings and keep running each chain until I get a winning bet.

I realise I might use this a little differently to most people, but I was curious whether something had caused the behaviour to change?

Running r9293 btw.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Edit the script. Find the lines up front like this:

// maximum loss count you will tolerate
int loss_threshold = 3;

Change the 3 to 1 and it should behave like you want it to.

jeseravi

Okay well I wanted to modify this script to make it so that mafia will double my bet if I WIN not lose (for kicks xD) any suggestions?

ramonov

mmg-log keeps returning blank tables for me.
Is anyone else getting the same problem or knows how to fix it?