Bug - Fixed VampOutManager

Bale

Minion
Have you tried vamping out since veracity made this change?

HA! This seems to have fixed the problem! :D

I'm gonna test it out for another day before I'm confident it is fixed. If anyone else wants to try it also, I'll attach the script here. I strongly hope others will test this since I only have a single character with Plastic Vampire Fangs and each of the three choices can only be used once a day.

Running this script and answering with the number 0 when asked for a parameter will add Vamp Out options to Daily Deeds. You can then call the script from your Daily Deed panel.

Last edited:

babberton

I just tested a random choice for each one and they all worked perfectly. I'll try again tomorrow and report any problems. :)

Bale

Minion
A script to add Daily Deeds... nice :D

Yah. It seemed a good idea since adding a drop-down menu is a LOT of copy/paste. This would remove much complexity from its use.

Anyway, I've made a few changes, mostly to improve mouse-over.

If anyone actually used the previous version, please replace with the script attached to this post. Notice that the script name is different so you should delete the old copy. Delete the Daily Deeds that the old script created. Then run this script and when it asks for a parameter just click the ok button to make it create the Daily Deeds.

I'll probably make a thread for this script soon, but I hope someone else tries it out first.

I just tested a random choice for each one and they all worked perfectly. I'll try again tomorrow and report any problems. :)

Thank you!

Attachments

• VampOut.ash
    5.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Fixed by Veracity in r11266 apparently without her even being aware that it impacted this bug as well.

Thanks Veracity.

Catch-22

This is still a little bugged, getting this behaviour.

Code:
> choice 1

Manual control requested for choice #546
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

choice 1: Visit Vlad's Boutique

> choice 1

Manual control requested for choice #546
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

choice 1: Visit Vlad's Boutique

Catch-22

What's your choiceAdventure546 set to?

I think it was set to Mysticality, but shouldn't "choice 1" manually select the 1st option regardless? "choice-goal" would be a different matter, because sometimes the goal isn't available (which I guess could also be handled by VampOutManager?).

Bale

Minion
"choice 1" did cause it to manually select the first option. You were being asked if it should choose Vlad, Isabelle or Masqurade and you told it to chose the first option, so it did. You only told it to answer 1 to the first option. After "choice 1" sent you to Vlads, there was another choice for "Visit the Castle", "Stalk the Night" or "Skulk in the Cemetary" so it consulted choiceAdventure546 to for the answer to that question and found it's goal was set to mysticality which was not an option for Vlad, so it aborted.

Yeah, this is working fine. You're just expecting things to work differently from the way they were programmed to. I would recommend setting the goal and using choice-goal since that will choose the correct options for all of the options. You could check my Vamp Out Daily Deed to see how this should be handled.

Last edited:

Catch-22

"choice 1" did cause it to manually select the first option. You were being asked if it should choose Vlad, Isabelle or Masqurade and you told it to chose the first option, so it did. You only told it to answer 1 to the first option. After "choice 1" sent you to Vlads, there was another choice for "Visit the Castle", "Stalk the Night" or "Skulk in the Cemetary" so it consulted choiceAdventure546 to for the answer to that question and found it's goal was set to mysticality which was not an option for Vlad, so it aborted.

That's not exactly what happened, you should see from the output I posted that choice 1 just puts me back to choosing from "choice 1: Visit Vlad's Boutique". I didn't post the rest, but this will repeat ad infinitum. The only way out of it is to go to the relay browser and select the choices manually.

Edit: Am I misunderstanding what choice actually does? Am I supposed to do like choice 1 2 3 2 2 3 or something? I thought the way it worked I could do choice 1, then it would offer me the next set of choices (ie. visit the castle, etc.) and then I could type choice 2 to choose which place to visit etc.

Last edited: