Bug - Fixed Uses a second drum machine during lvl 11 in certain circumstances

lidden

Today when I got the worm-riding hooks I clicked the wormride link like I always do. At the same time my mood fired and updated some of my buffs. This made mafia remove the hooks before using the drum machine.

Other odd stuff: Mafia said it used a CCS but it did not, my auto attack combat script fired instead. Also mafia did not unset my auto attack before using the drum machine like it usually does when using a drum machine. (maybe it never does when trying to wormride)

Code:
[818] Desert (Ultrahydrated)
Encounter: The Sleeper Has Awakened

The Sleeper Has Awakened

You acquire an item: worm-riding hooks
Casting Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric on yourself 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 10 Adventures)
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric was successfully cast on yourself.
Casting Leash of Linguini 1 times...
Verifying ingredients for Staff of Ed (1)...
Verifying ingredients for headpiece of the Staff of Ed (1)...
Creating headpiece of the Staff of Ed (1)...
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 10 Adventures)
Leash of Linguini was successfully cast.
You acquire an item: headpiece of the Staff of Ed
Casting Springy Fusilli 1 times...
Successfully created headpiece of the Staff of Ed (1)
Creating Staff of Ed (1)...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 10 Adventures)
Springy Fusilli was successfully cast.
You acquire an item: Staff of Ed
Successfully created Staff of Ed (1)
Wielding worm-riding hooks...
Casting Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance on yourself 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance (duration: 10 Adventures)
Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance was successfully cast on yourself.
Wielding 17-alarm Saucepan...
Equipment changed.
Using 1 drum machine...
Equipment changed.
Holding kickback cookbook...

[819] Drum Machine
Equipment changed.
Adjusting familiar weight by 1 pound
Encounter: giant sandworm
Strategy: /home/stefan/KoL/Fandral/.kolmafia/ccs/S_slime_tube.ccs [default]
Round 0: Fandral loses initiative!
Round 0: Fandral casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 1: giant sandworm takes 1 damage.
Round 1: giant sandworm takes 5 damage.
You lose 31 hit points
Round 1: Fandral uses the rock band flyers!
Round 2: Romeo explains the backlash against the backlash against an indie comic book. See, it got too popular, so now everyone criticizes it, so now the cool thing to do is to like it again. Trying to follow the logic opens new neural pathways in your brain.
You gain 2 Wizardliness
Round 2: Fandral casts WAVE OF SAUCE!
Round 3: Romeo reads a scathing review he wrote of an indie band that is getting too much popular attention. It looks a little demoralized by the sheer level of vitriol.
Round 3: Fandral casts WAVE OF SAUCE!
Round 4: giant sandworm takes 79 damage.
You gain 16 hit points
You gain 3 Mana Points
Round 4: Romeo's head starts to glow, for never-clearly-explained reasons. Your opponent is too busy goggling at it to attack this round.
After Battle: unspecified macro action?
After Battle: giant sandworm takes 77 damage.
You gain 15 hit points
You gain 4 Mana Points
After Battle: Romeo gains the Power of Love! In practical terms, that means he pulls a flaming sword out of his chest and stabs it with it for 115 damage. Man, the Power of Love is a curious thing.
After Battle: giant sandworm takes 115 damage.
Your familiar gains a pound: Romeo, the 4 lb. Mini-Hipster
You gain 297 Meat
You gain 14 Fortitude
You gain 27 Enchantedness
You gain 15 Chutzpah
Adjusting familiar weight by -1 pounds
Finished using 1 drum machine.

StDoodle

Minion
Check equip response from worm-riding hooks before using drum machine

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I failed to equip my worm-riding hooks this run.

Code:
[826] Desert (Ultrahydrated)
Encounter: The Sleeper Has Awakened
The     Sleeper Has Awakened
Wielding     worm-riding hooks...
You     don't have the item you're trying to equip.
Wielding 5-Alarm     Saucepan...
Equipment changed.
Using 1 drum machine...

[827]     Drum Machine

I was using the [wormride] link that mafia gives after "Sleeper," which has never been a problem in the past. Probably the notorious lag-beast or something, but it does seem a bit odd that mafia saw the adventure. Worm-riding hooks were not equipped after the above, though my off-hand weapon was unequipped.

For safety, I think it would be a super-nifty feature to delay using the drum machine until parsing the results of trying to equip the hooks gives a positive result. I'd much rather manually deal with worm-riding than deal with farming a second drum machine. ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You double-clicked the "wormride" link. The second one started after the first one had already equipped the hooks.

Laughing_Jack

When doing the MacGuffin on a WotSF run, after I finished the Oasis/Desert, I used a drum machine via /use in the chat pane before completing the staff of Ed. Then when I finished making the staff I clicked on the Pyramid in the desert and Mafia automatically used a second drum machine. As I was adventuring in the relay browser the Action button was just on attack, so Mafia tried to attack and I lost (as would have been expected) but the extra/automatic use of the second drum machine appears to be a bug.

Bale

Minion
Mafia does not use a drum machine when you click on the pyramid. It does that when you click the wormride link. That must have been what you did.

Please be careful about clicking the wormride link if you don't really want to do that.

No, I can confirm that mafia will use another drum machine in a fistbang run. Happened to me, too, and it had been dozens of adventures since I had done the wormride. And I never clicked the wormride link in the first place.

Presumably mafia's handling of the pyramid unlock in fistbang isn't working as intended.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When you click on the pyramid to see the wooden city (which is what the wormride link does), KoLmafia will use a drum machine if and only if you have worm-riding hooks in inventory. That should never happen in the Relay Browser, since you lost the hooks before you saw the pyramid. The problem was that when we detected the loss of the hooks, we assumed they were in your weapon slot and discarded them from there.

Revision 9740 discards them from inventory in Fistcore.

Laughing_Jack

Much thanks for the quick fix. I'll try to remember to double-check it when next I have an extra drum machine, etc.

Edit: Confirm fixed r9782

Last edited: