Universal Recovery Script

Theraze

Personally, the only time I use runaways is when they're going to cost a turn, because I don't have those nice shiny Mr. A (or otherwise expensive) options. So since it's going to be costing me the turn regardless, the question is just, what's going to be more expensive... healing up to where I can survive a nearly full HP hit as a glass caster, or casting tongue once after I die if I happen to lose initiative and just running turn after turn at 3 mp a battle (noodles, to guarantee the runaway) otherwise?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That's a worthwhile comparison if both options are using free(ish) MP. If either one actually costs meat, then 1 HP from doc should be cheaper. But there's no real way for UR to know what a person is trying to do in the zone.

This all seems to lead up to the idea that a feature that heals you enough to survive X (where X might be a constant 1) hits in the next zone should opt-in, if included at all.

StDoodle

Minion
Bale, don't forget about the numerous situations in which you can encounter an out-of-zone enemy (holidays, arrow'd monsters, etc.). For this reason alone I think any such functionality should be user-selectable, at least.

Edit to avoid double-post:

But, if you wanted to add in some kind of logic (loadable from data file would be super-awesomesauce) that allowed the user to define certain conditions under which to readjust recovery settings, that'd be super nifty keen!

Bale

Minion
After reading everyone's feedback I decided that it would not be worthwhile to add such a feature.

Thanks to everyone for telling me what you think and how it would (or would not) affect your play.

Bale

Minion
New version for the "Avatar of Boris" path. It will use "Laugh it Off" to burn extra mana whenever HP is below max and MP is above mana burning threshold.

Universal recovery v 3.9.3 released!

Changelog:
version 3.9.3 February 21, 2012
  • Added the Avatar of Boris skill, Laugh it Off
  • Will use "Laugh it Off" to burn extra mana

Last edited:
I'm not sure this is working how you intended. Instead of burning excess mp, it's using all my mp. It's healing to max instead of respecting my restore settings (which I have as Heal me @ 60% to 80%). Please, make it stop!

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure this is working how you intended. Instead of burning excess mp, it's using all my mp. It's healing to max instead of respecting my restore settings (which I have as Heal me @ 60% to 80%). Please, make it stop!

It should only do that if you have more MP than your mana burning threshold. Check your mana burning threshold. In this mode, it figures you want to do something with the extra MP.

Let's see. Start recasting at 85%, Do not rebalance buffs. Auto-recover @ 10%, recover up to 20%.
Code:
cast 10 Laugh It Off
You gain 16 hit points
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 315 of 346 HP, 0 of 101 MP, current meat: 21564 ... Target MP = 5.

buy 1 black cherry soda for 80 each from Black Market
You acquire an item: black cherry soda
You spent 80 Meat

use 1 black cherry soda
You gain 10 Mojo Points

cast 5 Laugh It Off
You gain 6 hit points

cast 5 Laugh It Off
You gain 8 hit points
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 329 of 346 HP, 0 of 101 MP, current meat: 21484 ... Target MP = 5.

buy 1 black cherry soda for 80 each from Black Market
You acquire an item: black cherry soda
You spent 80 Meat

use 1 black cherry soda
You gain 10 Mojo Points

cast 5 Laugh It Off
You gain 8 hit points

gnaddelwarz

Ok, there is a test missing on "Do not rebalance buffs":
my_mp() - get_property("manaBurningThreshold").to_float() * my_maxmp()

that would be:
my_mp() - (-0.05) * my_maxmp()

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 3.9.3.1 released!

Changelog:
version 3.9.3.1 February 21, 2012
  • Fixed Boriscore manaburning when you don't want to burn mana.

Last edited:

shoptroll

I don't know if this has been requested (a search for band-aid didn't turn up anything) but would it be possible for Pokemonn Band-aids to be an option for consideration by the script?

Bale

Minion
I don't know if this has been requested (a search for band-aid didn't turn up anything) but would it be possible for Pokemonn Band-aids to be an option for consideration by the script?

I left it off because I was avoiding restoration options that give a stats effect. However I am currently reconsidering that. Being in a boris run where both the status effect and the healing are very relevant are making me think seriously if it is worth using them up when I might want them for future use.

What do you tink of the pros and cons of not having one later when doing the junkyard as Boris? (Though I'm currently thinking that "Louder Bellows" is what I needed in my last run instead of a Band-aid... I'm looking forward to seeing how much easier it makes the Gremlins.)

Edit: Update on "Louder Bellows." It may be one of the greatest skills ever. It halved, literally halved, the amount of damage I was taking from Gremlins. Perhaps that status effect is not so essential after all.

Do other people really think I should use them automatically?

Last edited:

Winterbay

I would love for the script to use them automatically as I have never ever used one on purpose on my own. I thought it was only a healing item and it's not that often that I use healing items on my own. I think I have most of mine still sitting in their boxes in Hagnks...

Edit: Also found an issue with Boris runs. You do not have access to Herbs even though you have mainstat muscle so the check for herbs needs to take this into account, such as:
Code:
boolean use_herb = contains_text(hpAutoRecoveryItems, "medicinal herb's medicinal herbs")
	&& my_path() != "Bees Hate You" && my_path() != "Avatar of Boris" && my_level() > 2
	&& (my_primestat() == $stat[muscle] || item_amount($item[Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs]) > 0
	|| (my_class() == $class[accordion thief] && my_level() >= 9));

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Also found an issue with Boris runs. You do not have access to Herbs even though you have mainstat muscle so the check for herbs needs to take this into account,

I've seen that too but didn't mention it since AFAIK it was just writing messages to the gCLI and not actually doing anything or failing to do something.

Ferdawoon

Cant find a note about this, but it seems the Hot Tub is not marked as removing Beaten Up, which it do.
Code:
Beaten Up cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
Using     soft green whatever...
Beaten Up removed.
Calling     Universal Recovery for type=HP, amount=0
Restoring     HP! Currently at 0 of 269 HP, 32 of 79 MP, current meat: 1295 ... Target     HP = 256.
Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You     gain 269 hit points
Calling Universal Recovery for     type=MP, amount=0

Instead of just going straight to the Hot Tub, it used a SoftGreen-whatever first to remove Beaten Up.

EDIT: Worth saying: I'm in Boris-core.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You sure?

> You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
You gain 169 hit points
> Restoring HP! Currently at 180 of 180 HP, 37 of 68 MP, current meat: 9637 ... Target HP = 171.

Something else may be going on but I sure thought the above was UR using the Hot Tub to remove Beaten Up in an Avatar of Boris run.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Cant find a note about this, but it seems the Hot Tub is not marked as removing Beaten Up, which it do.
Code:
Beaten Up cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
Using     soft green whatever...
Beaten Up removed.
Calling     Universal Recovery for type=HP, amount=0
Restoring     HP! Currently at 0 of 269 HP, 32 of 79 MP, current meat: 1295 ... Target     HP = 256.
You     gain 269 hit points
Calling Universal Recovery for     type=MP, amount=0

Instead of just going straight to the Hot Tub, it used a SoftGreen-whatever first to remove Beaten Up.

EDIT: Worth saying: I'm in Boris-core.
It looks like you have mafia set to remove malignant effects, and it removed Beaten Up before calling your recoveryScript. Just a guess though.