Universal Recovery Script

martialis

any plans to support purple snowcones and cupcakes?

I think I didn't use my disco rest yesterday. do you give that and the hot tub higher priority? also, if you're going to let us turn off doc galactik, you should let us turn off soda water, too

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
any plans to support purple snowcones and cupcakes?
Never occured to me to do so. How do you think they should be supported? I really have no idea.

I think I didn't use my disco rest yesterday. do you give that and the hot tub higher priority? also, if you're going to let us turn off doc galactik, you should let us turn off soda water, too
I don't believe my script will ever attempt to purchase soda water. That's just dumb since Doc Galaktik is always a better idea, so if you don't want Doc, you definitely don't want soda water.

As for disco rests, it will only attempt to use those if they can restore both hp and mp at the same time. Trying to make the most of them after all. ;) That may lead to the disco rests not being used if you only want MP when your HP are full. Do you think that is a bad idea?

As for Hot Tub, it will try to only use that when your HP are quite low, although it will raise the threshold for usage if you are also poisoned. (Killing two birds with one stone by saving you an antidote.) Mostly Hot Tub is awesome for curing Beaten Up since it will restore ALL your HP at the same time.

kain

snowcones and cupcakes are, in my opinion, best used out of combat. (for, example, when you're about to hit an area with 100% combats -- the goatlet, for example)

Bale

Minion
snowcones and cupcakes are, in my opinion, best used out of combat. (for, example, when you're about to hit an area with 100% combats -- the goatlet, for example)
Would you want a recovery script to decide to use items to prepare for future healing? To date, this script will only heal damage you've already taken in the past. Purple snowcones and cupcakes though are for healing damage and Mp usage in the future.

Should that sort of anticipatory automation really be taken care of by this script, just because your last fight was in an area with 100% combats? It doesn't know your plans after all. You might be in that zone for 20 turns, or you might be stopping by for only 5 turns before heading to the shore.

Bale

Minion
I hate bugs. I hate them more when they are caused by a simple matter of accidentally capitalizing a single letter that shouldn't have been capitalized. Sorry about that. Fortunately I made extensive use of the Hot Tub today and discovered the problem.

Universal recovery v 2.81 released!

Changelog:
version 2.82 May 26, 2009
  • Fixed bug in hot tub usage

kain

Should that sort of anticipatory automation really be taken care of by this script, just because your last fight was in an area with 100% combats? It doesn't know your plans after all. You might be in that zone for 20 turns, or you might be stopping by for only 5 turns before heading to the shore.

I'm agreeing with you! I don't think this script should handle preemptive healing.

martialis

I think I had a few spots yesterday where I could have used disco nap. I used some tiny houses and phonics downs, I think so.

I was thinking about using purple cupcakes for restoring mp after breaking the prism, for expensive moods. They're very cheap.

Bale

Minion
I think I had a few spots yesterday where I could have used disco nap. I used some tiny houses and phonics downs, I think so.

It's a muscle day so a house would have healed 80 HP, not 40.

It's a good point though that I shouldn't be obsessive about that. It is really the MP that matters, not the HP so a player is really happy if it makes use of even 50% of the HP restoration. Does that sound right?

bumcheekcity

Hey Bale, just to say thanks for this script. Might not seem like a lot, but this is SUCH a help it's unbelievable. You're great :D

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.83 released!

Changelog:
version 2.83 May 31, 2009
  • Bug fix
  • Recovery logic improvements

Relim

First I want to say, this script is great, I use it all the time. Thanks!

I had a feature request. Often I will stock up on mmj during myst runs for use during non-myst runs. Unfortunately, it seems that this script doesn't like using them if they're not available in a store, even if I have 2.5k of them in my inventory. Could we get an option to allow the use of mmj (valued at 100 meat), even if it's not actually available in the clan store, as long as we have some in inventory?

Bale

Minion
Often I will stock up on mmj during myst runs for use during non-myst runs. Unfortunately, it seems that this script doesn't like using them if they're not available in a store, even if I have 2.5k of them in my inventory. Could we get an option to allow the use of mmj (valued at 100 meat), even if it's not actually available in the clan store, as long as we have some in inventory?

It doesn't use them? Oh, my! I think I can imagine why that might be. I'll have to take care of it pronto.

xxmatt3232xx

im a level 10 AT and for some reason it wont buy mmj and use it, i do have access to it, ive been buying them like 20 at a time and it uses them until i run out

Bale

Minion
Last time I was an accordion thief it bought MMJ for me, but I'll look into it. A new problem might have appeared.

bespite

Got an error after it used the hot tub.
Internal error: field index out of bounds (Universal_recovery.ash, line 1362)

Bale

Minion
Got an error after it used the hot tub.
Internal error: field index out of bounds (Universal_recovery.ash, line 1362)
If it is in line 1362, I cannot imagine that it has anything to do with the hot tub. I really need a lot more information to figure out what the problem could have been. I assume you were out of ronin. Could you tell me what level and class you were? Also, did you have meat on hand, or was it all closeted?

Please post a session log of the time you got that error (and some stuff before it). There may very well be a clue there for me.

I had a feature request. Often I will stock up on mmj during myst runs for use during non-myst runs. Unfortunately, it seems that this script doesn't like using them if they're not available in a store, even if I have 2.5k of them in my inventory. Could we get an option to allow the use of mmj (valued at 100 meat), even if it's not actually available in the clan store, as long as we have some in inventory?
Good idea. Added feature. In the next release you'll be able to use stockpiled MMJ if you enable a boolean in the script. I'm leaving it off by default because people might not want to see their stockpiles disappear while they are leveling up to 20 or so. It would be a waste to use up mmj at lower level.

im a level 10 AT and for some reason it wont buy mmj and use it, i do have access to it, ive been buying them like 20 at a time and it uses them until i run out

Found the problem. Fixed it. Will be in next release also.

Next release will probably be in a day or two. I always get in trouble when I release precipitously.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Insufficient meat to fully restore MP without wasting restoratives!

I'm getting this all the time and I have 20K+ meat. It could just buy soda water (which is what I do).