Bug - Fixed Uncle Hobo's epic beard +9 adv in December

fxer

Currently Mafia reports +6 adv from the beard, not +9 for December. Perhaps this is non-trivial to add, enchantments that change based on the month? I guess Mafia is doing something similar-ish by calculating grimacite and other moon-tied items values daily though.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's already a comment in the data file, so it's known and the issue is presumably effort in implementation.

Theraze

Easy-ish enough to do... just use the TUESDAYS_RUBY override section. Add a new case for the beard, if Calendar.MONTH is December, this.set Modifiers.ADVENTURES to 9. Easy.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've added code to do that, but, it turns out that it's broken, somehow; Tuesday's Ruby doesn't work either.

I'm looking at it.

Cait

I just updated to 8818, and now Uncle Hobo's epic beard is listed as having no enchantments, and it says that I cannot equip it to any of the accessory slots when I try to equip it. I have to actually go through relay browser to my inventory if I want to put it on.

EDIT: Same with 8821.

EDIT2: Aaaand of course it fixes itself when I reopened it again, after posting. >_<

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hmm, do you have outdated datafiles?
Try typing "update clear" (and then hitting enter, of course) into the graphical CLI.