ultra-rare= auto abort?

kl055

"Any monster or area not flagged internally by KoLmafia as an ultra-rare encounter can be customized; no matter what is specified in the custom combats file, KoLmafia will always abort for ultra-rare monsters."

so does that mean whenever an ultra-rare is encountered, kolmafia will automatically run-away? ???

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=kl055 link=topic=1144.msg5414#msg5414 date=1186526845]
"Any monster or area not flagged internally by KoLmafia as an ultra-rare encounter can be customized; no matter what is specified in the custom combats file, KoLmafia will always abort for ultra-rare monsters."

so does that mean whenever an ultra-rare is encountered, kolmafia will automatically run-away? ???
[/quote]

Most likely it means it'll go somethings gone wrong and make you manually do said adventure.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
"abort" means "stop doing automated adventuring and show the fight in the Mini Browser for you to finish by hand."

Donavin69

Is there a way to change this behavior? I would like my mafia script to continue and fight the ultra-rare monster, but this isn't currently an option that I have located. If there isn't a feature (for an option to abort on UR vs only abort on UR) would a feature request be appropriate?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is there a way to change this behavior? I would like my mafia script to continue and fight the ultra-rare monster, but this isn't currently an option that I have located. If there isn't a feature (for an option to abort on UR vs only abort on UR) would a feature request be appropriate?

I think the philosophy behind this is that ultra-rares are just that and the user should be able to experience them manually. Not sure I'd support a FR, personally.

charred

wasnt this changed to not abort?
last year when i got my hypnodisc i had no idea i fought an ur. i noticed it in my inventory and went back through my last couple days of session logs to find it.

Ethelred

wasnt this changed to not abort?
last year when i got my hypnodisc i had no idea i fought an ur. i noticed it in my inventory and went back through my last couple days of session logs to find it.

I still get auto-aborts for all my URs, except the 17-balls. I have to search the session logs to find those. That might actually be a nice feature request. If mafia detects that the monster dropped a 17-ball, stop the automation, so one can at least get a screen-shot of the result.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
The pooltergeist wasn't in Mafia's UR moster list.

EDIT: adding it requires a little bit of work because there is a normal and an ultra rare version...

EDIT2: try with r11917? I'll hold my breath until someone can give me some feedback.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

The pooltergeist wasn't in Mafia's UR moster list.

EDIT: adding it requires a little bit of work because there is a normal and an ultra rare version...

EDIT2: try with r11917? I'll hold my breath until someone can give me some feedback.

That explains why my clan farming multi got one without my noticing it. Talk about pleasant surprise!