Bug - Not A Bug Traveling Trader Coinmaster returns true for is_accessible() even when he is not.

Paragon

Cainmaster Traveling Trader is accessible function returns true when traveling trader is not in the kingdom.

Repo in CLI:
ash print ($coinmaster[traveling trader].is_accessible());

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Let's say you should interpret coinmaster.is_accessible() as whether there are any user-controlled conditions you need to fill to access the coinmaster.

Since we won't make Mafia hit town_market.php on login just to check for the trader, I'll consider this as Not A Bug.

Would it be a decent compromise to have a rollover based variable like _traderInMarket that, upon needing the information, if it's 0, then and only then hit town_market (marking it as -1 or 1 when visiting town_market manually as well)?

slyz

Developer
I don't like the idea of everyone who uses Mafia hitting town_market.php automatically, even if it's only once a day, to check for something that might not appear for another year.

It wouldn't. I use mafia daily without ever opening the CoinMasters, and none of my scripts use that function. However, I do at some point manually make my way to the market and it could get set then (and only earlier if I happen to need the information earlier).

So, essentially, it'd only be an extra hit when the information is explicitly asked for. Which to me seems perfectly reasonable.

slyz

Developer
I don't really like the idea of is_accessible( $coinmaster[traveling trader] ) returning a valid result if you manually visited the market, and false the rest of the time.

EDIT: oh, I see what you mean. I wonder if that's possible, the way coinmasters are currently implemented.

I remember asking for something similar regarding the VIP tree, though I don't recall if it was actually implemented or not.
I'm pretty sure it was, though, as I no longer see the "Visiting" message every time I enter the VIP room.

I'm fairly certain this would require a similar mechanic, though I have no idea how it works in the greater scheme of things nor in specific java classes.