Feature - Implemented track sea lasso usage

ckb

Minion
Staff member
To go along with my other sea request, it would be great to track sea lasso usage.
I don't know exactly how the sea lasso training works, but it would be nice to at least track if it has been fully trained or not, so you can know if you still need to be slinging them in sea combat to ride the seahorse.

charred

the combat usage text is:

You twirl the lasso, and [adjective] toss it over the dogie's head. You yank the rope and knock him down.

with the progression of:
clumsily
carefully
deftly
expertly

Winterbay

You appear to gain different amount of experience depending on ifyo uhave sea chaps and/or sea cowboy hat on or not as well. It would be great to get some tracking going on this, if not so that WHAM can stop using the lasso against any monster if you are already an expert.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My planned implementation is incrementing seaLassoTraining until training is finished, and then setting it to some other value when it's all done. Maybe "finished", still thinking about that.

Theraze

Or just leave it at expert (or expertly), which is the 'finished' value. Also, since this does apparently reset on ascension, need to either have this continually get updated as it's used and override whatever's in the current preference, or have a second value set for seaLassoAscension, so that people who mix mafia and outside don't get odd results and post bug reports. :) Or at least, so less of them post bug reports.

roippi

Developer
We have ValhallaManager.resetPerAscensionCounters(), which is immune to ascensions outside of mafia since we update ascension count from api.php. The various lastXxxAscension properties are the legacy way of doing it.

Theraze

Ah, nice. So anytime the mafia ascension counter doesn't match, we wipe those properties? That does make things easier then. :)

So my vote would be for either matching the text that KoL provides, or trying to have those crazy KoLspaders figure out some sort of experience points thing so we can definitively-ish decide how much a tossed hat is worth. :)