Feature - Implemented track monster elemental resistance (not talking about monster element)

taltamir

would be great of mafia tracked monster's elemental resistance.
there is enemy.physical_resistance which mafia tracks
and there is enemy.monster_element which mafia tracks (from which you can derive 100% immunity to that element if not $element[none]. and weaknesses)
but there are various monsters with additional elemental resistances which are not tracked.

For example this monster
has zero physical resistance but 100% resistance to all 5 elements

this one
has 50% physical resistance and 50% resistance to all elements. it is not elementally aligned.

these are 100% physically immune and 100% elementally immune

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
If this is considered, note that some monsters also have soft / hard damage caps, limiting the amount of damage you can do per hit. Some information at https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Monster_Resistance.

For example, Dad Sea Monkee has a hard cap of 301. Mer-kin drifter has a soft cap at 400.

Hard mode Great Wolf of the Air has a percentage reduction, a soft cap and a hard cap (separate values for physical and elemental damage).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If someone is interested in adding this to mafia, most of that information already exists in batfactors (BatBrain's data file).

batfactors exists and is maintained by the community.

In the past there has been a tendency for KoLmafia devs not to implement something that was, or could be, easily handled by scripts.

Is there a good case for doing this in mafia, besides the script writers who are explicit in not wanting to have their scripts depend upon anyone else's scripts?

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Strongly recommend using batfactors for this (I do!). I do think that ultimately the KoLmafia engine should be able to act as a single source of truth for game mechanics, but incorporating the functionality of batfactors (and matching its pace as new monsters are released) would be a big ask!

taltamir

Is there a good case for doing this in mafia
consistency. mafia tracks the physical resistance of monsters. so why not elemental resistance? any reason given to not track elemental res also applies to why mafia should not track physical res. and vice versa, any argument why it should track physical res also applies to why it should track elemental res
batfactors exists and is maintained by the community.

Strongly recommend using batfactors for this (I do!). I do think that ultimately the KoLmafia engine should be able to act as a single source of truth for game mechanics, but incorporating the functionality of batfactors (and matching its pace as new monsters are released) would be a big ask!
thank you. I will take a look at batfactors