Bug - Fixed Thinknerd Warehouse availability

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I started an AOSOL run with an astral shirt because I have had Torso Awareness perm'd for so long I forgot I could not immediately wear the shirt. I got to a point in the run where I wanted to wear it and so visited Melvgin and then manually adventured once in the Warehouse. I then tried to automate the warehouse with a goal of the garment. KoLmafia told me I could not adventure there even though I had just done so and manually did so to get the garment.

My hypothesis is that I inadvertently discovered an unexpected way to enable the area, but I'm not certain.

I can try a new run with a shirt in a couple of days if this doesn't trigger an "Aha" moment for someone who understands the code better than I do.

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
          // The Thinknerd Warehouse: Unlocks when reading (receiving?) Letter for Melvign the Gnome
        case AdventurePool.THINKNERD_WAREHOUSE -> QuestDatabase.isQuestStarted(Quest.SHIRT);

Quest.SHIRT is property "questM22Shirt"

(Attempt to put on a shirt - the letter (a quest item) drops -> nothing special)
Reading the "Letter for Melvign the Gnome" -> STARTED
(Visiting Melvign -> place.php?whichplace=mountains&action=mts_melvin" -> nothing special)
(Adventuring in The Thinknerd - adventure.php?snarfblat=387 -> nothing special)
Acquire "Professor What garment" -> "step1"
Acquire "Professor What T-Shirt" -> FINISHED

If you skipped reading the letter, then I guess the quest opens when you receive the letter.

Sounds like an opportunity for you to collect some HTML:

- failing to put on a shirt and getting the letter
- reading the letter
- talking to Melvign

All of the above - and manually adventuring in the warehouse - should set the property to STARTED (if better)

(Or I might do it. I expect I'll start my 6th AoSoL run tomorrow, and I've been getting Torso Awareness early on, so I can use my Jurassic Parka.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I collected a bunch of responseTexts and have a PR out for review.
There were a number of issues in your quest tracking.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
r27239 should track the quest correctly, which means automation (canAdventure) should work.