The Unofficial Ascend.ash support thread.

Xenthes

With the changes Jick did I am getting this error now:
Code:
Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (Ascend.ash, line 1214)
Then the script stops. It doesn't matter what level the character is from what I can tell so far. I have tried it on a level 4, 10, and 13 character using daily build 8657.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
With the changes Jick did I am getting this error now:
Code:
Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (Ascend.ash, line 1214)
Then the script stops. It doesn't matter what level the character is from what I can tell so far. I have tried it on a level 4, 10, and 13 character using daily build 8657.

I think your problem is a known and fixed. Consider using the version of Ascend on the first page of this thread.

Xenthes

I am 99% sure I am. It was working yesterday but not today. I'll redownload from the first page and try again tomorrow.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am 99% sure I am. It was working yesterday but not today. I'll redownload from the first page and try again tomorrow.
OK. I'm leaning towards the 1% just because the function mentioned in your error is not called in the latest version and line 1214 does not seem to apply. Maybe there are multiple versions lying around in your scripts directory?

For other folks - I know EatDrink needs to be tweaked to handle the Ode and Milk changes. However as far as I can tell the tweak just adjusts the expected adventure gain and not the mechanics. I also discovered EatDrink will loop if you tell it to eat to an impossible fullness (or at least it happened once to me). I am not sure Ascend/EatDrink will do "the right thing" if you lack in-the-boxen or the new kitchen items and I suspect, although have not tried, that the demise of the Sewer will effect obtaining the meatcar and the dinghy planks.

Theraze

It does indeed break the meatcar/dinghy. I fixed it myself yesterday by stopping the looping/failing execution and running "use chewing gum on a string" until I manually obtained a worthless item.

Ferdawoon

Ok, skimmed the last couple of pages but couldnt find anything about this.
I am also not sure this is the proper thread to request a feature to Farm.ash but since they all come as a package I guess this is as good a place as any.

Without any clue how Farm.ash store all the data it gather each time, is it possible to get a prompter to ask the script to go directly to the Adventuring and Farming part and just use the last collected data when deciding where to go?
Just today, I started the script. Halfway through the script scanning The Mall I remembered that I did not have any buffs, such as Phat loot and Polka of Plenty. I cancelled and sent a request to the Buffbots. I got the buffs and restarted the script.
The Script then go through the whole The Mall scan and then cancel, as I had set Lunging Thrust-Smack as Action from me killing NS last night and the script had equipped me with a ranged weapon. I change Action to Attack with Weapon and restart the script.
Now the script go through the The Mall scan and spend 20 adv and then claim I cant adventure in the Middle Chamber in the Pyramid anymore (My HP and MP restorers are working and Mafia said nothing about me being Beaten up and yes, my Moxie is high enough to hit things). So now I scan The Mall for the 4th time hoping it will not do something crazy that cause me to have to restart it yet again.

slyz

Developer
The good news is, the mall prices are stored by Mafia. In the example you gave, Farm.ash didn't look up the price for the same item twice, it just picked up the "scan" wherever you stopped it.

If you want to avoid finding the new mall prices every day, you can change the zlib farm_minAgeLookup variable, by typing for example zlib farm_minAgeLookup = 3 in the gCLI. In this case, it will only look up prices that are more than 3 days old.

Xenthes

OK. I'm leaning towards the 1% just because the function mentioned in your error is not called in the latest version and line 1214 does not seem to apply. Maybe there are multiple versions lying around in your scripts directory?

I redownloaded the whole package and replaced the ascend.ash file. so far on the one character I have tried it on it working fine.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Bad location value: "Sewer With Clovers" (canadv.ash, line 156)
Tried to run Farm.ash today, worked yesterday, and I got this. I use the mini-program to automagically download the latest Mafia so the version should be reasonably up to date.
My guess is that it is just because the Sewers simply do not exist anymore. =D

Theraze

Actually, it's a problem with canadv.ash, one of the support scripts... just remove that line and the one following (unlucky sewer) from canadv.ash and you should be fine.

Ferdawoon

For some reason I am stuck in the frame of mind that Ascend.ash and Farm.ash are just 2 scripts and I forget that they are each calling out to a few other scripts, and that if I can't find the proper lines in Ascend.ash or Farm.ash, that I might have to check another script!
Problem solved by just deleting the "lucky" sewer and the "unlucky" sewer!

jamfan14

Actually, it's a problem with canadv.ash, one of the support scripts... just remove that line and the one following (unlucky sewer) from canadv.ash and you should be fine.

I did this (removed the two lines) and now I'm getting this error message

Begin index 0 greater than end index -1 (canadv.ash, line 147)

What now?

Theraze

Most likely, you broke your boss bat or something like one of the other more complicated locations... for me at least, line 147 is the last line of the boss bat's lair. What's line 147 in yours?

The lines you should have removed are 156 and 157...

Also, are you using the latest daily build, or anything else? The sewers were recently removed... if you haven't updated, you'll need to do that before anything hermit-related will work, unless you want to do it manually yourself...

Last edited:

Theraze

Daily build of KoLmafia. If you're still using 14.0 or even up through 14.2, your sewering adventures are going to be painful. Since it doesn't exist anymore... :) To actually play and have things work well in any sort of automated way, you need to be using (at least until 14.3 comes out) the daily builds of KoLmafia.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It is also not clear to me that Ascend will do the right thing in the Spooky Forest so I would advise opening the Temple manually. There is a lazy part of me that wants to delete it from Ascend and let macguffin handle it but I am really waiting to see of there is any good automation that I can "borrow".

Winterbay

There was a "open temple" function posted somewhere, I think in the thread for BCC's ascend-script which I think could be incorporated into ascend.ash. Not 100% certain though.

Theraze

The only 'difficult' part is whether you can get it to purchase one spooky sapling and change the choiceadventure. If so, perfection... automation is easy. Start with the larva, coin (which also gives 300 meat), turn in the coin, fertilizer, and then comes the fun.

Buy tree should have been planned next, or sell bar-skins if you have one which changes to sell all bar-skins if you have multiple. After that processes, if you haven't yet then buy a tree, and change choiceadventure to end. Shouldn't be too difficult since it updates your inventory normally. Can't use a between battle script for it though, because it never goes to between battle...

I think the whole choiceadventure thing for the tree needs to be done as a uniform choice, potentially through KoLmafia being recoded to allow for more logical settings, due to not being sure if it's currently limited in how to handle that. That could PROBABLY be done as an odd override currently... adv1 until you hit choiceadventure with your official choice being set to show in browser, then send specific additional pages as part of your script. Basically, make the script handle the deficiencies.

Balance check:
Negative... it pops up a mini-browser window.
Positive... it works and only buys a single tree, and can have it detect if there's 1, multiple, or no skins to sell while still in automation.

Edit: open_temple function is here. No bar-skin selling, but that's just a part of optimizing it imho.
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4...scension-script!&p=35629&viewfull=1#post35629

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

With KoL's remodeling, Ascend will fail at the Untinker quest. In Ascend.ash, replace all instances of "town_right.php?place=untinker" with "forestvillage.php?place=untinker" and that should be solved. You should be able to find them on lines 464 and 470.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
With KoL's remodeling, Ascend will fail at the Untinker quest. In Ascend.ash, replace all instances of "town_right.php?place=untinker" with "forestvillage.php?place=untinker" and that should be solved. You should be able to find them on lines 464 and 470.

I don't use this script, but thanks for pointing that out. I need to fix one of my aliases.

Code:
alias openbeach => ash if(item_amount($item[sweet rims]) < 1 && item_amount($item[bitchin' meatcar]) < 1) hermit(1, $item[sweet rims]); retrieve_item(1, $item[bitchin' meatcar]); if(item_amount($item[Degrassi Knoll shopping list]) < 1) visit_url("guild.php?place=paco"); if(item_amount($item[Degrassi Knoll shopping list]) > 0) use(1, $item[Degrassi Knoll shopping list]); visit_url("guild.php?place=paco"); visit_url("forestvillage.php?place=untinker"); if(in_muscle_sign()) {visit_url("knoll.php?place=smith"); visit_url("forestvillage.php?place=untinker"); cli_execute("untinker bitchin' meatcar");}