Bug The Infiltrationist and AJAX

roippi

Developer
I've gotten something that looks like this:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h139/roippi/infiltrationist.png

for the infiltrationist for my past few ascensions, and finally remembered to take a screencap of it happening. It seems like AJAX briefly clears a space for the infiltrationist text, but then it collapses into what you see above.

I believe this has been happening to me since r8717 was implemented. I suspect that suppressing the CAB on the infiltrationist would fix the problem.

windows 7 / firefox 3.6 / r8779

Bale

Minion
I've also gotten that in Opera. It doesn't bother me too much since I usually use an alias to deal with the blueprints, but when I click the use link, that's what I've seen.

Winterbay

That's almost similar to what I get sometime when trying to use the relay browser at home. Every now and again everything in my CAB gets listed as links and when in aftercore that is a lot of stuff. A couple of clicks on the "profile"-link in order to twidlle my thumbs usually makes it go away.

nworbetan

I've seen that same thing once or twice during the Infiltrationist, and also immediately after putting a token into the DemonStar machine. I'm using SRWare Iron, if anyone's keeping a list of browsers this happens in.

I've been getting this recently too. Both with the Infiltrationist and when taking Tunnels with Dr. Evi1's Raid Manager running.

nworbetan

I just played 2 games of DemonStar without mafia and the initial wall of text worked normally, but the next 3 times I played it in mafia, it looked like this.

Attachments

• kindamessy.PNG
    kindamessy.PNG
    86.5 KB · Views: 94
I've got another SS for the list, this time of it happening in relay when the map is used from the adventure that gives it to you.

Suspect it is linked to the changes that went with the new options menu.

Theraze

Not if billybobfred is right... if so, it's KoL itself that has incorrectly formatted bits at times, and mafia is the innocent bystander. So to speak. :)

roippi

Developer
At least a few months ago, one could open up a game of demonstar in relay and view this bug, and then open up a game in vanilla browser and it would not appear.

I just started a run so I can't confirm that way, but I'll get to The Infiltrationist tomorrow (maybe) and see if it pops up again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9071 makes the "use" link for the Orcish Frathouse blueprints not ask for Ajax and hence not go inline. Not tested.

The issue with the pseudo-CAB being put up for choice adventures is, technically, not a bug - since we do it intentionally, so you can click "auto" and have KoLmafia choose whatever option you have configured for that choice. It doesn't make any sense, particularly, for Demonstar. We probably should not put up buttons for choices that we don't provide a default for - or for which your selected option is "manual control". But that's a separate Feature Request, completely unrelated to the Infiltrationist issue shown here.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Using 9073, the link doesn't appear to use AJAX (it doesn't have the void(0) part after it at least), and I still have this problem even when clicking the link from in my inventory.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Using 9073, the link doesn't appear to use AJAX (it doesn't have the void(0) part after it at least), and I still have this problem even when clicking the link from in my inventory.
Even when clicking the link from in your inventory. Um. You realize that that link was created by KoL itself, not KoLmafia, right?

Perhaps we should clarify: which problem are you talking about? Pages superimposed on each other? Or having buttons or a pseudo-CAB at the top (which is intentional)?

Revision 9077 makes another attempt at fixing the ajax problem. I reproduced it - sort of - today on my multi. When he got the blueprints, I noticed that the use link was trying to be inline - using ajax. I clicked it and KoL inserted the Infiltrationist choice at the top - complete with its own set of stationary buttons. Considering that the noncombat adventure in the Barrr that gave me the blueprints also (correctly) had its own set of stationary buttons, that looked weird. I did not have superimposed pages, however. I'd guess that is a browser bug.

WIth this revision, hopefully the use link will not be inline next time; I had the code to generate it in the wrong place.

Edit: Ah, looking back at the OP, I see that that also was clicking from the inventory. I have no clue. I guess I will turn on the CAB next time and see what happens when I click the in-line use link - and will turn on the CAB and look at clicking from inventory the time after - and maybe, eventually, after repeated attempts one-per-ascension, I'll have some idea of what's happening. Although, assuming the in-line link works as hoped, I guess I can just throw away turns and use it repeatedly from inventory.

Next ascension.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The CAB is the issue; I switched that setting back and forth and saw the change. Debug log attached in case it's useful. Another difference I notice is that in mafia I can go away from the "noncombat" from using the map (to change the CAB setting, for example), but KoL doesn't allow that.

I have a character with the map that won't be doing anything productive for a long time, so I can test any changes that are thrown at this.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110220.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 77