Feature The Indigo Cup and Your Shadow

chef noodleman

For Mafia's 'Tower Complete' script (which is great) it would be nice if during some round where your HP is less than maximum, the indigo cup could be thrown if you have it. If you have funk-slinging, then toss it instead of one of two items mafia would have chosen.

The reason for this is that cup stuns, as well as heals you for 20% of your max HP. Because of the stun, its risk free to throw and can only help you. This becomes especially pertinent in Boris runs where you can't funk-sling so with 3 or 4 gauze garters it will typically raise your probability of success to 100% while conserving healing items. It seems like it shouldn't stun your shadow and this may be an oversight on Kol's part, but this is probably something they won't ever fix so we might as well take advantage of it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The navel ring has blocked the shadow for years and double-ice cap blocks the shadow, so it's safe to say that the stunning won't change.

Theraze

And if it were really an oversight, the thing to do is to report it as a bug, not go... oh, they probably screwed this up, so let's exploit exploit exploit!

But as lost says, it's likely that way on purpose, since its behaviour is the same as other similar items.

chef noodleman

And if it were really an oversight, the thing to do is to report it as a bug, not go... oh, they probably screwed this up, so let's exploit exploit exploit!

But as lost says, it's likely that way on purpose, since its behaviour is the same as other similar items.

Perhaps I worded things badly: what I meant was simply that the current game mechanics are such that the shadow logic could be strictly improved by detecting and using the indigo cup.

I used the word "oversight" in the sense that when they designed the indigo cup, they might not have been thinking about the fact that it could be used to actively stun the shadow when things like the spectre scepter get blocked. Lost's examples are both passive stuns. On the other hand, I hardly think the kol dev team is unaware that the cup can be used in this way, which is why I didn't call this a bug. I was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion about how the shadow logic could be improved, not trying to stir up trouble. :p

Last edited: