Bug - Won't Fix Text misinterpreted as item

(all this happened in the KolMafia version r8572)

I were trying to adventure in the DoD, forgetting about teleportitis.
When i discovered about all the strange adventures, I tried to add to my mood a remove teleportitis, and i couldn't make it work (it turned out i had no sgeea).
Anyway, after removing that from my mood, a strange item appeared in my Session Resuslts:"When 7 hit pointsare restored to your body,you make an "ahhhhhhhh" sound(1)".

After a quick search over the wiki, I found nothing that gives such message, so this might be something new (yay) or maybe it's just something I don't recognize.

Either way, it sure shouldn't be recorded as an item.

After Checking my session results once more, I noticed a previously unnoticed "On the nearby groundyou can see 39 meat.Score! You pick it up.(1)" and "A contended belch(1)".

Again, searching the wiki gave no result. Even the contended belch doesn't appear to exist nor appears in my inventory.

I attached the latest session log that was in my session folder.

Attachments

• Misteryous_Stranger_20100808.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 61

Spiny

The bits of phrasing are things that could show up while fighting in the Haiku Dungeon and are somehow being snagged out of this combat record from your log:

Code:
[2738] Dungeons of Doom
Encounter: gelatinous cube
Round 0: Misteryous Stranger wins initiative!
> 3/7 monsters drop goals here.
Round 1: Misteryous Stranger attacks!
When 7 hit pointsare restored to your body,you make an "ahhhhhhhh" sound
A contented belch
On the nearby groundyou can see 39 Meat.Score!  You pick it up.
You acquire an item: rusty metal ring

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is no way that we can tell where you end up with Teleportitis. Therefore, we have no way to know that you ended up in the Haiku dungeon and that we should interpret the results with our haiku parser.

Sorry.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Edge case: Puttied monster. (actually, I don't know what happens then. Hmm. Is haiku location or monster-dependent?)

Edit: Just tested it out with a 4-d camera, and looks like the monster's attack messages are in haiku, but everything else isn't. So the monster-name-fix probably won't work.

Double edit: This isn't definitive, but I think capitalization may matter -- <Table> seems to only appear if it's a table with haiku in it (also seems to always show up if this is the case). Not extensively tested, as I don't have a haiku katana or anything. Perhaps that could be used?

Last edited: