Teeny Tiny Suggestion

matt.chugg

How about making the script menu only load *.ash ? I acidently dumped something in the scripts folder and forgot about it and it comes up in the menu.

I know its actually my fault for dumping files there hence its only a teeny tiny suggestion :p

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Because scripts don't have the be ASH files. If they do not end in .ash, they are interpreted as CLI scripts - which work just fine when called from the scripts menu.

holatuwol

Developer
Just as a curiosity, given its size limitations, do people use the scripts menu instead of calling the scripts in the gCLI?  If not, we can just take it out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I use it to run my mushroom scripts - on the rare occasions I grow mushrooms. I know - I should probably use the Mushroom Plot feature to do that - but there need not be just the One True Way™ to do any particular task.

Pinky

Yes, I use the script drop down menu.

If that wasn't there I would actually have to remember my scrips, and spell them correctly as I put them in the CLI.  Way too much effort.  My spelling isn't so bad, but my typing is.

Point and click good.  Typing bad.  (at least in my case it is).

And if you see this please do not tell the grammar police where I am currently hiding.  They are after me too.

And Veracity, if it makes you feel better, I use scripts for mushrooms too. When I started using mafia, it was easier to write a script for mushrooms than it was trying to figure out the mushroom plot interface. I am not saying that the mushroom plot interface was hard, just that a script was easier.

dangerpin

I use and love the drop down, please don't kill it. Two mouse clicks vs clicking to the Cli and typing (or mistyping) the script name, pretty easy choice for me. I could live without it, I suppose, but it sure is part of my comfort zone after all this time.

P.S. The musroom plotter is my friend.

tebee

I don't know, I go away for a while and people are threatening to remove a much loved feature.........

Yes, I use it, I'd go as far as to say I need it - I'm dyslexic and I struggle having to remember how to spell things, even though I tend to use short abbreviated names for my scripts, having to key them in would be a major pain.

Tom

tyilo

You could also do so CLI-scrip ant must end with .CLId only show the *.ASH and *.CLI files in the menu!