subfolders

Hey all. Been out of the game for a while (both KoL and coding in general) and I was doing some upkeep when I noticed that files that used to be stored in a subfolder of /data (namely, /data/backups) have begun piling up in /data.

I tried doing a quick search to see what changed but couldn't find anything useful.

Are we not allowed to change path of data files any more? Or is there something I need to do to get this working properly?

Thanks!

Edit: I don't keep mafia up to date with super high frequency, but it appears the change happened on or before May 3rd this year

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A while back I fixed an issue that allowed for changing files outside of mafia's folders. Without actually looking into it yet, I'm guessing that's what caused this change.

Am I the only scripter to use data subfolders? I can't imagine I am. So do I just need to write it differently (add some forward slashes or something) or do you think it's simply not allowed at this point?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?18335 is the bug report that I was responding to when I made that change in r15780. It looks like I mostly just moved some existing check from one place to another. I don't think I'm up for spending enough time on this to restore this feature safely, but I'll look over any patches that you (or anyone else) comes up with.