Bug - Not A Bug Store price change exception

Theraze

True, but OS X is built on a *nix base, so... since the cache folder doesn't have anything with the names he's looking for, maybe terminal can clean it up with one of the *nix locations. *shrugs*

Stardock

True, but OS X is built on a *nix base, so... since the cache folder doesn't have anything with the names he's looking for, maybe terminal can clean it up with one of the *nix locations. *shrugs*

Appreciate the effort, but neither of those directories exist on my system.

Stardock

Ok, I tried out Onyx and cleared all of the relevant caches. It still doesn't work.

I'm thinking there's some per user java setting that I can't find that's causing all of this.

Theraze

Ouch... looks like the fix is to reinstall the OS.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3835005?start=0&tstart=0

Second page, October 12, someone finally tried reinstalling the OS on itself to see if it fixed. Not just Java, the whole thing. Validated as working for two people. Though one of the people managed to have it break again after, but they broke it harder with Safari being totally trashed and not loading pages anymore, so it's probably not actually Java that's crashing out in that second case.

Stardock

I don't think that's my issue though it could certainly be a variant of it. Java seems to work fine in most cases (It even works on that java tester site linked in that thread.) KoLMafia even works fine, except for this store thing. It's not a huge deal to switch users to reprice my stuff, but I'd like to know what's causing the problem.

Theraze

*nods* One of the people with that issue only had one specific page that failed and everything else worked. Seems quite likely at this point though to say that it appears to be an OS issue, not a fixable mafia issue.

Magentabob

I get this error too. Randomly when save prices is clicked it freezes up all text fields. The cursor doesn't appear when I select any text field to edit: cli, inventory, purchases, store manager, removals, etc. I tried but can't force the error. Running OSX 10.6.8, java 1.6.0_45, Mafia 16.0 always updated to newest build before use. It's been happening about a month or so.

Attached is the most recent debug but the only difference is the OP's has at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.valueChanged(JTable.java:6919) and mine is 6921.
View attachment DEBUG_20130614.txt

Last edited:

Magentabob

The error has only been happening since upgrading to version 16.0 about a month ago. I have used KoL Mafia on this computer without that error since version 15.6.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
The error has only been happening since upgrading to version 16.0 about a month ago. I have used KoL Mafia on this computer without that error since version 15.6.

The store manager code hasn't changed for a year. The interface in 16.0 is certainly the exact same interface in 15.9.