Feature - Rejected Stop suiciding on Guy Made of Bees?

There's a "guy made of bees" option in the Choice Advs tab for Manor2: The Haunted Bathroom, which is great for automation, as it saves you the trouble of having to click the same option in the same adventure several times in a row, each time it appears. But the unfortunate side effect is that Mafia will gleefully choose that option on the fifth occurrence as well, which starts the fight with a nigh-unkillable opponent who will demolish you in a single hit. I see that Mafia already tracks the number of times you've selected the guy made of bees option; is it possible to use that number and integrate it into the choice adventures options? So that Mafia automates the first four times, then aborts and prompts for manual input in the browser when it's time to fight?

Would something like this work (the Guy Made of Bees section) in a Custom Combat Script?

Code:
[ default ]
special action
try to steal an item
skill release the boots
jiggle chefstaff
skill curse of weaksauce
skill summon mayfly swarm
if happymediumglow red
    skill siphon spirits
endif
note skill slay the dead
attack with weapon

[ guy made of bees ]
if have rock band flyers && have antique hand mirror
    item rock band flyers,antique hand mirror
endif
if have jam band flyers && have antique hand mirror
    item jam band flyers,antique hand mirror
endif
abort

I'm guessing (or maybe remembering from 10 years ago?) about the "if have" parts. I typed them into a Custom Combat Script (CCS) and saved it, and it seems to have accepted them. I think the "abort" statement is properly placed, if we want the combat to abort when neither set of flyers is in inventory, or the antique hand mirror is missing, or none of the things are in inventory. I can't find any instruction on how to use if / endif statements in a CCS. I did find information about if / endif usage in ASH consult scripts here:
I also found bits of information, but nothing useful that I see, in these places:
I looked at the Coldfront page for KoL's native Combat Macro language usage because I know it shares some syntax with KoLmafia's CCS.

It seems "if have" works how "if hascombatitem" used to work. I don't know if "if hascombatitem" does still work.

Can anyone tell us if this is set up properly?
Will someone please point me to an up-to-date reference for KoLmafia Custom Combat Scripts? I know some of the things I used and cited are out of date by several years (10 to 15?).

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Well, this is a script for a feature that hasn't changed much in 10-15 years. It's pretty static and since you can call both BALLS steps and Consult scripts from a CCS, it doesn't really seem like a candidate for improvement. Anything you might suggest, someone would likely say "meh. Use a Consult Script."

As for BALLS, all the changes that happen in thread are included in the wiki/thread first post. I think you're going to have to test it to find out if it works.

Personally, I'd use hascombatitem. It feels more likely to work. The docs didn't mention "have" as an alias for "hascombatitem".