Feature Stop auto-adventuring in the Daily Dungeon if stat tests fail

rodger_flint

Former Title: v14.8 Daily Dungeon BUG

Fun thing I found out today in HC using the new build. If you click on daily dungeon and your character CANNOT pass a stat test it will eat adventures, trying to pass the test over and over. I noticed it before it ate all my turns, but it still choked down 23 turns before I noticed what I and it had done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bale

Minion
Just to clarify: You mean that you used the "Daily Dungeon" button in the Daily Deeds manager, right?

roippi

Developer
that button just executes "adv * daily dungeon" for the record.

I think this is intended behavior. It is up to the user to adventure successfully in any zone you tell mafia to adventure in. Marking not a bug.

Bale

Minion
It is up to the user to adventure successfully in any zone you tell mafia to adventure in.

Actually, that is not entirely true. Mafia will stop you from using "adv * location" if your combat action is attack and you cannot hit anything at location with your equipped weapon.

I think that this is a similar case. Especially since it produces a ton of useless server hits. I would like to hear what Veracity thinks about "adv * daily dungeon" before marking this as not a bug. Unmarking it.

Edit: Minimum stat requirements for DD tests results here. (That's not perfect, but it is close enough to fudge it with very probable numbers.) We could abort automation of "adv * daily dungeon" if it hits a test with stats that are insufficient.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Fair enough, I actually didn't know about that, having always used a more complex CCS. I didn't think there was any precedent for mafia 100% stopping you from adventuring in a location. In general I'm pretty firmly against that (who knows if KoL will change and now you're locked out?), but since the DD has been around in its current state for a good long while I suppose it's fine.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Minimum stat requirements for DD tests results here. (That's not perfect, but it is close enough to fudge it with very probable numbers.) We could abort automation of "adv * daily dungeon" if it hits a test with stats that are insufficient.
Seems reasonable.

And/or, perhaps we could stop automation if you fail to pass a test. Don't even try if you can't possibly pass a stat test, and let you choose to retry - perhaps later, after you boost the failing stat somehow - if you fail.

I didn't think there was any precedent for mafia 100% stopping you from adventuring in a location.
We're talking about automating adventuring in a location. We 100% stop you if we think you can't get to a location - whether or not we are right. You need a rowboat to get to the Hole in the Sky, for example. We don't stop anything in the Relay Browser, obviously.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
It looks like any dungeon.php request is processed by AdventureRequest.java. Maybe the Daily Dungeon could be beefed up by having its own DailyDungeonRequest.java, where tests are recognized and stats/resists are checked. This could be turned into a Feature Request.

rodger_flint

Yes, I accidentally clicked on the daily dungeon button instead of breakfast and didn't bother looking right away, as I assumed it was automating breakfast. I only noticed when I saw it was eating adventures instead of doing the daily tasks, heh. Sorry for any confusion.