New Content Spring 2023 special challenge path - Avatar of Shadows Over Loathing

Yendor

Couple of skills not fully supported yet:

Punt is an all-day banish like Batter Up. Success message:
"You punt your foe into next week. Or at least into tomorrow."

Stilton Splatter gives 3 familiar experience if you win the fight:
"<familiar> slurps up some of the stilton left over from that big blast."

Crowther

Couple of skills not fully supported yet:

Punt is an all-day banish like Batter Up. Success message:
"You punt your foe into next week. Or at least into tomorrow."

Stilton Splatter gives 3 familiar experience if you win the fight:
"<familiar> slurps up some of the stilton left over from that big blast."
I'm sure there are lots more. Motif is a banish, but there is no motifMonster preference to go with it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Motif is an anti-banish; it makes more of a monster appear. But, we do have olfactedMonster, so, yes. We should track the motif’d monstrr.

Crowther

Motif is an anti-banish; it makes more of a monster appear. But, we do have olfactedMonster, so, yes. We should track the motif’d monstrr.
You are right, of course. Reading a post about banishes cause my brain to skip a gear.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The AOSOL skills currently have the wrong level in classskills.txt, partially because the skill ID and order of level/availability is not straightforward. PR submitted.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
PR submitted.
Tests are failing.

You have a couple of code review comments which should resolve that.

I tried submitting them for you, but I got a "permission denied" error.
Perhaps because you didn't put the changes onto a branch and instead just pushed them onto main?
I dunno.

Anyway, it should be easy for you to fix.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Tests are failing.

You have a couple of code review comments which should resolve that.

I tried submitting them for you, but I got a "permission denied" error.
Perhaps because you didn't put the changes onto a branch and instead just pushed them onto main?
I dunno.

Anyway, it should be easy for you to fix.

I think I have these fixed now. My Git-fu is extremely weak, and the whoe branch/main thing still confuses me, but I do understand how to delete tabs, so hopefully it is ok now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I think I have these fixed now. My Git-fu is extremely weak, and the whoe branch/main thing still confuses me, but I do understand how to delete tabs, so hopefully it is ok now.

Me Too. I keep a local copy of main but if I want to make changes I make a branch off of my local copy before I do anything and keep all my changes there until summitted and approved.

I also find GitHub Desktop https://desktop.github.com/ guides me reasonably well so if you are on Windows or MacOS you might consider it.

Magus_Prime

With 427250 I got a debug log after defeating the shadowboner shadowdragon and visiting the council.

Edit: now I'm seeing a lot of debug logs generated messages. One after the other. This is when adventuring manually in the relay browser and may not be connected with the change in the Council text as I initially suspected.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20230304.txt
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The replacement bosses have varying degrees of Physical resist. My initial spading has these numbers:
Code:
[two-headed shadow bat] = 100% physical res
[goblin king's shadow] = 50% physical res
[shadowboner shadowdagon] = 80% physical res
[shadow of groar] = 100% physical res
[corruptor shadow] = 100% physical res + 10 max?
[shadow Lord Spookyraven] = 80% physical res
[W. Odah's Shadow] = 80% physical res
[shadow of the 1960s] = 100% physical res

I will confirm in my next runs and try a branch PR without messing up too much.
I also need to confirm resistances for : General Bruise / Dark Noël / Terrence Poindexter

Yendor

Also, using a cursed item turns it into the uncursed version, but Mafia doesn't remove the cursed version from inventory.

adeyke

I've started doing this path today. One thing I noticed is that, so far at least, killing the path's replacement bosses doesn't update the corresponding quest preference, because they haven't been dropping the normal item (e.g. batskin belt) and there isn't special handling for them yet.