Something seems to be wrong with Mafia/SVN tonight.

VladYvhuce

For some reason, the on-startup svn update checker seems to have gone screwy. It's given me errors on various different scripts, one of which has reported the second and third attempts at login to be up to date. Main problem is that it's never actually gotten past the update phase, and just hangs there. I tried logging out and it said I was logged out, but the login button was greyed out, so I had to actually close it out completely, and open a new instance to see if I could get logged in. I've had to disable "check for svn update on login" to actually get past this issue. Debug log is enclosed.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20210421.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 1

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
looking at the debug log, you're exactly right, the issue is in ScriptManager.updateRepoScripts.

But the very top of the log is Connection timed out.

I think this is probably the first call to get the svnrepo.json text.

(Un)fortunately this isn't a problem in Mafia. It's most likely a problem with Sourceforge being wonky, although it wasn't for me just now when I connected. Not sure there's really anything we can do to help.

VladYvhuce

Ok. Well, I'm not tech-savvy enough to usually know what can and can't be helped till someone points it out. Could've been, I was just unlucky with timing, then?
Edit: Cool looks like it's working now. I guess it was just an issue of bad timing on my part then.

Last edited:

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Ok. Well, I'm not tech-savvy enough to usually know what can and can't be helped till someone points it out. Could've been, I was just unlucky with timing, then?
Edit: Cool looks like it's working now. I guess it was just an issue of bad timing on my part then.
I never want to discourage someone from reporting things. Well, almost never. And now you (and anyone who finds this later via search) has an idea what to look for in the debug log to see if it's likely a Mafia problem when svn fails.

tl;dr -- you're good! thanks for reporting!