Feature - Implemented Some sea drop rates and pressure penalties

I'm my glorious return to spading the sea, I have been spading the sea. Here are the results I have so far, mostly on drop rates and pressure penalties.

Deepcity:
Pressure penalty is -200% in all zones. Mafia currently lists them as -150%. Presumably this was tested through initiative, but was forgetting the seahorse boost.

Seahorse initiative: +50%
I'm only inferring this from the above context; I've not tested it directly. I do not know if it counteracts the pressure penalty, much like 'makes you a better diver' does (and is subsequently capped by), for example. I will get around to this, but it's not my top priority. So feel free not to add this in if you think it would be better to have more specific details first.

Caliginous Abyss
Pressure penalty is -200%. Drop rates are as follows.
eye in the darkness: black tear (50%)
school of many fish: dull fish scale (40%, 20%), rough fish scale (20%, 10%), jagged tooth (15%, 5%)
slithering thing: grisly shell fragment (30%, 15%, 5%)

Coral Corral
Pressure penalty is -100% (mafia defaults to this already). Drop rates are as follows.
Mer-kin rustler: foodbucket (10%), thingpouch (15%), hookspear (2%)
sea cowboy: sea lasso (30%), deep six-shooter (8%)
sea cow: sea leather (20%), sea cowbell (10%)

Madness Reef
The drop rate of the jam band on the jamfish is 5%.

EDIT
The slithering thing in the caliginous abyss also has a base meat drop of 50 (the other monsters there do not drop meat). I haven't checked meat drops anywhere else, though it is known that gladiators do have a meat drop (apparently 50, as well).

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Nice work. I'd guess the deep six-shooter is 10% drop, as over 5% things always seem to be a multiple of 5.

Unless I got an exceedingly unlikely spat of bad (or good) luck, no, it is 8%, and not 5% or 10%. The observed rate is .0828 with a standard error of .003686. Enough to make 8% the only integer rate in a 95% CI.