Bug - Not A Bug Some issues while using mafia. Freezing, not displaying information.

Mystia

I didn't start noticing these problems until about december of 2010. If anyone knows what's causing this, or how to fix it, please let me know.

-1: Lack of displaying MMG results. This happens randomly. Sometimes, I'll bet, get results, and it will show whether I win or lose. Other times, it will not show anything. Chat is running, relay browser is running, but the "session meat result" and CLI display show no results. This happens off and on, for weeks at a time.

-2: Extremely sluggish relay browser. I could click something, wait for the page to load, and the browser will freeze for a few seconds, as if it were waiting for something. I'll hover my mouse over a link, and the cursor won't even change into whatever icon it's supposed to be until the browser unfreezes. Any idea why this is? Usually, closing the relay browser and re-opening it works, but this has gotten obtrusive enough that I'd like some advice on fixing it.
I use FireFox, and have never had this problem until about 6 months ago. I do not get this freezing issue when running the natural game, nor do other tabs freeze up to the extent the relay browser does.

-3: Selective aggressive denial of existence of NPZR Chemistry set: Sometimes, it acknowledges that I have them, that they're in my shop. Other times, they don't appear in my shop or inventory. Any explanation for this?

Last edited:

Theraze

What version of mafia are you using? That would be the best thing for helping with these... Most of these have had fixes to them within the last few months.

Theraze

Try updating to 9762. There was an issue back with 9756 where it wouldn't do more than a single update per second, which led to needing to do a "refresh all" between every command. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Also I would suggest that you not switch between running the exe and the latest jar which might be occurring since you listed both. Stick to the latest jar for a while and report which things continue, please.

Mystia

I've updated to 9762, the problems still persisted.

using 9762 and switching to chrome (No greasemonkey) stopped the problems altogether.

Theraze

So... figure out what GM scripts are causing you problems and stop using them? I don't think that mafia actually 'supports' GM scripts. If you use them and they work, great. But them making your browser laggy isn't our fault but theirs...