Bug - Not A Bug Solve button does not appear for Chess Puzzle

pheloniusfriar

Version: v15.4 r11436

Steps:

- Use a Reflections of a Map item in the relay browser (using Firefox)
- Select the The Great Big Chessboard choice
- No "Solve!" button appears in the browser window

Attempts to fix:

I had been using a version from a week or so ago and saw the behaviour. Downloaded the latest version (the version I posted above) and tried again. The behaviour was the same.

Other observations:

There is a class java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException thrown (log attached) when I follow the above steps.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120825.txt
    2 KB · Views: 51

Winterbay

Make sure that the setting to allow blatant spoilers are set to true, since I believe having that as false would lead to this behaviour.

pheloniusfriar

That's exactly what the problem was. Thanks!

I'm puzzled because it worked a couple of months ago and I don't think I changed the setting. That's definitely the solution though.

Bale

Minion
That's because the setting did not work until recently. Functionality was added to disable spoilers unless the previously existing preference says to enable them.

You're not the first, nor the last to be confused by this improvement.

pheloniusfriar

I had done some searching for a solution, both in the forums and in the wilds of the Internet, to no avail. I mentioned it in my clan's chat as well, but nobody at the time recognized it (one other person indicated they were having the same problem). When I was given the solution above, I mentioned the solution in the clan chat and two people chimed in that "oh yeah, that's well known"... it's all in the timing I guess ;). I think one of the issues I had was the proper term to have searched for was "spoiler" (the general category), when I was looking for "chess" or "reflection of a map" (a specific instance). Hopefully this thread will be found by anyone else with the issue.