So what is the Maximizer trying to tell me?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Capture.PNG

Does it think I have two crossbows? Are there restrictions on the passive skill that lets you wield two weapons that KoLmafia is not observing?

(I think there was a batarang equipped offhand which has no +adv contribution).

I'm trying to get a sense on whether this is yet another opportunity for maximizer improvement or whether there is a mechanic/restriction that KoLmafia doesn't quite understand or whether it is me that lacks understanding.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
I think that's what happens when you already have it selected in your main slot. It knows you have one, and it can unequip and get it, so it suggests it. But if you remove it from your main hand, then you can't equip it, because you won't have a main hand weapon, so no offhand, so eventually, fail.

I think it's a weirdness of how double-fisted skull smashing changes MaximizerSpeculation. It probably should either be more explicit or smarter about "unequip main and equip in offhand doesn't work, don't suggest it".

What does it do if you try 'exec selected'?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I think that's what happens when you already have it selected in your main slot. It knows you have one, and it can unequip and get it, so it suggests it. But if you remove it from your main hand, then you can't equip it, because you won't have a main hand weapon, so no offhand, so eventually, fail.

I think it's a weirdness of how double-fisted skull smashing changes MaximizerSpeculation. It probably should either be more explicit or smarter about "unequip main and equip in offhand doesn't work, don't suggest it".

What does it do if you try 'exec selected'?

I think it just didn't do the unequip, but I think I can play with this and pay more attention.