Bug - Fixed Session Results pane decrements before successful item use

Deemoney

I observed this bug on the latest available build, r10968.

I tried to /chug 3 around the worlds from the chat command, which failed because I only had 2 in my inventory. I /chug'd the 2 I had, and when I looked at the "Session Results" pane in Mafia, it showed "around the world (-5)". I'm not sure if this is more general than the case of "fewer items available than attempted to use", but it was strange enough I felt it was worth mentioning.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bump. We've refactored booze usage into DrinkItemRequest, which only deducts items after the result comes back, not when registering the request, but I don't see any check for "you don't have that many", so I'm not sure what the current state of this is.

(When drinking from within KoLmafia - GUI, "drink" command, and so on - we won't try drinking more than you have, but you are using a chat command.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK. I closeted all but one of my "dusty bottle of Zinfandel"
In the chat, I said "chug 7 dusty bottle of zinfandel"

KoL responded with

Code:
<center><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Results:</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><blockquote>You only have 1 of those, not 7.</blockquote></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center>
KoLmafia responded with:

Code:
Processing result: dusty bottle of great Zinfandel (-7)
"You only have 1 of those, not 7."

We don't detect that. We could.