equip hat eyepatch

equip weapon Staff of the All-Steak
[B]Encounter: This Adventure Bites[/B]
You acquire an item: Orcish Frat House blueprints

equip pants frilly skirt

use 1 Orcish Frat House blueprints

[217] Orcish Frathouse Blueprints
Encounter: The Infiltrationist
Took choice 188/3: frilly skirt (equipped) + 3 hot wings (4 in inventory)
choice.php?whichchoice=188&option=3&choiceform3=Catburgle&pwd
You acquire an item: Cap'm Caronch's dentures

equip pants swashbuckling pants
[B]Encounter: Step Up to the Table, Put the Ball in Play[/B]
choice.php?forceoption=0

[219] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: Arrr You Man Enough?
Took choice 187/1: 35.71% chance of winning

I'm assuming it's because the last adventure was an item-driven adventure. I believe the logs also treat the very first turn of The Hippy Camp (Verge of War) as being just "The Hippy Camp", too, so clearly some logic is in place that relies on the previous adventure.

Any change that introduces correct [turn] markers for those adventures would be welcome. Thanks!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I believe the logs also treat the very first turn of The Hippy Camp (Verge of War) as being just "The Hippy Camp", too, so clearly some logic is in place that relies on the previous adventure.

That is a completely separate thing. The URL you use for that first turn is the same as the URL used for the normal hippy camp, and then KoL puts you in the correct zone after realizing what outfit you have on. Once you are in there, KoL provides the URL for the zone you are actually in for the Adventure Again link.

Lilac

That is a completely separate thing. The URL you use for that first turn is the same as the URL used for the normal hippy camp, and then KoL puts you in the correct zone after realizing what outfit you have on. Once you are in there, KoL provides the URL for the zone you are actually in for the Adventure Again link.

Weird. I assume that updating the logger to figure out your zone based on the encounter (but only in ambiguous zones like The Happy Camp) is out of scope for a bug request? :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is it a different zone? I.e., a different snarfblat? Or is it just that the "Last Adventure" link in the charpane (which KoLmafia never looks at) says something different?

I don't think it's a bug - and it is certainly unrelated to what your session log shows about the adventure following an item-generated adventure.

Lilac

I believe it's the Last Adventure one; when you fight a booty crab, the only link at the bottom of combat is "Return to the Obligatory Pirate's Cove", and when you retrieve the dentures it's the Orcish Frat House.

If Mafia won't recognize charpane'd Last Adventures correctly, are you saying that I can resolve it by manually going back to the Barrr via the cove's container page each time?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Veracity's post was only about the Hippy Camp, except the part where she said it's unrelated to things like triggering the booty crab fight.