Feature - Rejected "Send to sellbot" button in Item Manager

Hugbert

It'd be really helpful to me if there was a button in Item Manager that would send the selected items to sellbot, like the buttons for smashbot/wadbot on the Pulverize page. Or if there's already a way to do that, that would be helpful too. I like having a clean inventory without having to autosell everything.

Thanks.
Hugbert (#1321271)

Bale

Minion
Sellbot is emphatically not my friend.

Or if there's already a way to do that, that would be helpful too. I like having a clean inventory without having to autosell everything.

You use "send a message" from the menu and select stuff from a drop-down or you can use a CLI command.

send (list of stuff) to sellbot

Hugbert

You use "send a message" from the menu and select stuff from a drop-down or you can use a CLI command.

Thanks so much, I didn't know about the "send a message" from the menu. That will definitely do what I want it to do. :)

Bale

Minion
Because they haven't updated the price on stuffed Hodgman since 2008 when Hobopolis was still rather new. Back then 320,000 meat was a fair price and I did buy quite a few at that price. Nowadays only a sucker or a person desperate to find one will pay that much. Unfortunately for me, every now and then someone says, "But sellbot says it is worth more than twice what you are offering so you are obviously trying to gyp me." Urgh. Prices have changed in the last 6 years because a bajillion new stuffed Hodgmen have come into existence since then and most players that want to collect exactly one, have that one. (A lot of people want one and only one of those so the market was able to saturate.) These days the number one reason that the price on stuffed Hodgman isn't any lower is because I have purchased such a massive number of them that I am propping up the stuffed Hodgman market, so I know that my price is fair. (According to Jickenwings, I actually own 29% of all stuffed Hodgmen in display cases.)

In other words, sellbot makes my life less pleasant.

PS. I know someone who actually bought over a dozen stuffed Hodgmen from sellbot specifically so he could give them to me as gifts. I always felt bad that he spent so much on them. I also felt bad that his willingness to buy them on my behalf convinced sellbot that the price was reasonable to someone.

Last edited: