Request: Queen Cookie farming script

crumblenoob

No worries at all, I just added it in because I'm trying to clear 50 boards as quickly as possible (in the middle of basement dives). Thanks again (and thanks for the factory solver too)!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
No worries at all, I just added it in because I'm trying to clear 50 boards as quickly as possible (in the middle of basement dives). Thanks again (and thanks for the factory solver too)!

Right. Use all 50 potions at one time, for 1000 turns of the effect. Adventure maybe 200 turns (depending on your +item) until 50 maps drop. Use all 50 maps for cookies. Removing the effect doesn't help you at all.

halfvoid

Right. Use all 50 potions at one time, for 1000 turns of the effect. Adventure maybe 200 turns (depending on your +item) until 50 maps drop. Use all 50 maps for cookies. Removing the effect doesn't help you at all.

yeah, i thought you had to remove the effect too, and was working up an overly complicated script involving the sorceress.

Update

It now maximizes item before adventuring and restores your original outfit afterward.

The script now buys and uses one drink me potion per cookie you want to get at the beginning of the script.

For those of you whose invisible refection of a map's drop counters are greater than 1 this functionality can be turned back off by changing the "one_per_cookie" variable at the beginning of the script to false.

Download the updated version here.

slyz

Developer
Thanks for this script, it works wonders (like everything you post here).

Only one little request: could the map-farming part be done before actually using the maps to get cookies? Eventually turning off the mood once the farming is done?

I'm not sure I follow? You need the effect down the rabbit hole to use the maps. What is the benefit of farming all the maps first and then using them? What do you mean by "turning off the mood"?

slyz

Developer
Sorry, I wasn't clear: I setup a mood with a few +item buffs to help with getting the maps before launching the script. What I meant was that it would be nice if the script farmed all the maps first, then turned off the current mood before starting to use them, to avoid wasting ressources on +item buffs when using the maps.

If "down the rabbit hole" runs off before everything is done, I think buying another DRINK ME Potion isn't too much of a cost (and it's probably a cost you would have paid even if you used the maps as they dropped).

I'm done with the 50 chessboards now though - thanks again for the script!

slyz

Developer
Don't be, it was immensely helpful. I was just looking for something you can do when you're bored, as Zarqon puts it.

Winterbay

Exelent script. Thanks a lot, also, I'd like to mention this alias I used in order to use up the maps I had in my inventory before I started the script:

Code:
alias get_cookie => ashq import <queen_cookie.ash>;use_maps(%%);

Just supply the amount of maps you want to go through and it gives you one cookie for each (make sure you have enough turns for the amount of maps you want to go through though).

nworbetan

I just started writing .ash scripts a few days ago, so I really have no clue if this question has a simple answer...

Everything in my own queen cookie farming script worked as I intended it to, except:

Code:
use( 1, $item[reflection of a map] );

which gave me an "Unsupported choice adventure #442" message and a mini-browser window popped up.

Changing that one line to:

Code:
visit_url("inv_use.php?pwd&which=3&whichitem=4509");

that I copied from That FN Ninja's script fixed the problem.

Is using visit_url(inv_use.php?pwd&which=3&whichitem=whatever) to use an item a common practice, or is this just a clever workaround to an unusual situation?

Bale

Minion
I think you can deal with that error if in the CLI you:

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> set choiceAdventure442=3[/COLOR]

I think that once you've set that property you won't need to use FN Ninja's work-around. I might be wrong though since I'm not sure if a choice adventure works the same from an item. Please let me know if it fixes the problem.

Bale

Minion
nworbetan, I decided to try this out on a testing multi:

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> set choiceAdventure442=2[/COLOR]

choiceAdventure442 => 2

[COLOR="#808000"]> set choiceAdventure447=1[/COLOR]

choiceAdventure447 => 1

[COLOR="#808000"]> ash use( 1, $item[reflection of a map] );[/COLOR]

Using 1 reflection of a map...
Encounter: A Moment of Reflection
Encounter: A Caucus Racetrack
You acquire an item: Vial of [I]jus de larmes[/I]
Finished using 1 reflection of a map.
Returned: false

Yup! Works perfectly! No need to use visit_url() as a work-around! I hope that helps you.

nworbetan

Thanks, that is very helpful. You inspired me to take a peek into the charname_prefs.txt file because I wanted to see what kind of info is stored where.

Code:
> ash a_function();
looks pretty darn useful too!

Bale

Minion
Glad I could inspire you to take a look at the prefs. There's a LOT of interesting stuff in there.

Incidentally, there's a lot of useful information on our wiki over here. Sadly, one of the things we're missing is detailed information on each of the preferences. If anyone was inspired to add it, that info would be HERE.

fianor

I'm trying to use this as part of my daily farming script. My script is supposed to feed me, get breakfast, run hatter.ash, run queen(); farm 10 ducks and putty rotund, farm the castle, clean up inventory, put on my pj's and logout. Adding hatter.ash and queen(); to my script is new, all the rest I've had working for a while.

I have 2 minor issues.
1) queen() drinks a 2nd potion even though I've got 19 turns of the effect left from hatter. Hatter does the same thing if I farm a cookie before getting the buff.
2) queen() completely halts my script when it finishes running. I don't know if I should be calling it differently or if I need to edit the script to not kick out when done or what.

I'm looking for the fix myself, but thought someone more familiar with script as it is might know the answer and save me the effort.

1) queen() drinks a 2nd potion even though I've got 19 turns of the effect left from hatter. Hatter does the same thing if I farm a cookie before getting the buff.

I see what the problem is. I'll try to post a fix in the morning.

2) queen() completely halts my script when it finishes running. I don't know if I should be calling it differently or if I need to edit the script to not kick out when done or what.

That's strange. I was under the impression that the exit; command didn't halt further automation? I'll see what I can find out.