Request for a script for giveaways

dj_d

Hm. I don't think Blue's been on the site since his last post. Do you have his playername (perhaps via notify()) so that we might "remind" him should we run across him ingame?

codster62

Yarghhh. I am trying to start a free fruit giving away... It worked for a good amount of time, about an hour actually. XD Then I get this error and it crashes.

Begin index 882 greater than end index -1 (tradeaway.ash, line 98)

Please help ASAP!

codster62

Ok, I need help from somebody. I am going to be constantly buying certain items, and I need this script tweaked so that if somebody proposes a trade with X amount of an item, I will respond to the trade with N meat * X. Basically the script needs to be flipped around so I can make this work. I can give whoever helps out a chunk of DG for there troubles, although I imagine this won't be much work to do.

Ok, I need help from somebody. I am going to be constantly buying certain items, and I need this script tweaked so that if somebody proposes a trade with X amount of an item, I will respond to the trade with N meat * X. Basically the script needs to be flipped around so I can make this work. I can give whoever helps out a chunk of DG for there troubles, although I imagine this won't be much work to do.
I've also been looking into writing a script like this. I hadn't seen this thread til now. If I come up with anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

codster62

Ok, sounds good. :) So now two people are wanting a script like this. Anybody want to help out with some info, or just modify it themselves and post it here? :) Small reward still involved(Chunk of DG).

mredge73

first of all you guys will need to modify the record and the parser to be able to recognize items in a proposed trade. This probably won't be an easy task.
I would try to use the extract_items(url) command on the trade to see if that works, it is designed for use in kmails but may work for purposed trades. If this doesn't work you guys will need to build a matcher or use zlib's excise() command. I can help you guys but I am not going to do the leg work. All X and N varabiles need to be clearly defined as well.

post what you have done so far as well as the html source code of a trade if you havn't parced it correctly yet.

first of all you guys will need to modify the record and the parser to be able to recognize items in a proposed trade. This probably won't be an easy task.
I would try to use the extract_items(url) command on the trade to see if that works, it is designed for use in kmails but may work for purposed trades. If this doesn't work you guys will need to build a matcher or use zlib's excise() command. I can help you guys but I am not going to do the leg work. All X and N varabiles need to be clearly defined as well.

post what you have done so far as well as the html source code of a trade if you havn't parced it correctly yet.

Those are some things I have been looking into. The extract_items() part, at least. I'm at school right now, I was hoping to get some time between classes or later on tonight to try and put some pieces together. I figure the parsing will be the majority of the work, beyond that its simply replying to a trade. I'll post what I have when I get some things finished up on this.

codster62

The parsing and replying to trades has already been taken care of in this script, so mostly, you will just need to modify it rather then creating a whole new parser and script. Anyways, this is far beyond my scripting knowledge, so good luckQ!!