Relay Browser Slowspeed/Cache question

duskshine

Env:
FFox 3.6.25 (I know its old), W7/64, 3930K@3.8

What:
I count the time it took me from Kingdom Map to BHH List (in detail: wait until kingdom map is fully loaded then start counting. click woods on kingdom map, wait for wood to load, click forest village on wood map, wait for village to load, click on bhh, wait for that page to be fully loaded and stop counting).

Vanilla KOL took 3.7 seconds for all pages to load including the time i move my cursor and click.
A freshly started Mafia, with option "Cache KOL Images" on and all maps pre-cached, took a painfully long 20 seconds as images supposed to be "cached" (and they do: 1287 files in /image/) appear one by one just like dial-up days.

The only clue I have is the following message in a debug log:

Horrible relay failure
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.sendServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:543)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:159)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:131)
Horrible relay failure

Any idea on how to speed it up?

Winterbay

oh look I'm not the only one to gwt horrible relay failures :)

I think that means that firefox sent a horribly malformed string back to mafia and appears to be connected to a profile error in the ff profile (a fompletely new computer with my old ff profile imported showed the same thing, deleting the profile lead to the error going away). So if your profile isn't important to you you could try deleting and creating a new one.