Feature - Implemented Relay Browser - Apply consumable quality colors to main consumables inventory screen

shoptroll

Would be nice if Mafia's relay browser color coded consumables with their quality now that information is exposed in the item description. This would save people some time in determining if their food/booze is a good quality.

Putting this here because I don't know if this is something that should be native to the application or if it should be a relay browser / greasemonkey script.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I added a new field to food/booze/spleen items accessible via ItemDatabase.getQuality( String name ) which should make this easy.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
At a glance, "decent" food and booze do not have a color assigned.

Some sections have a stretch of color A, then color B, then back to color A before a stretch of color B, which shows that the adventure gains for some items are wrong in mafia. The wiki is the only other source of data for these things (if they were pulled from Gemelli's site to begin with)... I could put together a list of items after hand-checking them, but maybe someone has a script for that.

That's probably a separate bug report though.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
At a glance, "decent" food and booze do not have a color assigned.
That is correct. I use the color used by KoL itself in the item description - and "decent" has none.

Some sections have a stretch of color A, then color B, then back to color A before a stretch of color B, which shows that the adventure gains for some items are wrong in mafia. The wiki is the only other source of data for these things (if they were pulled from Gemelli's site to begin with)... I could put together a list of items after hand-checking them, but maybe someone has a script for that.

That's probably a separate bug report though.
Yes. That would be worthwhile - for somebody else to fix. ;)

Theraze

Eh, I can run a quick list and see what stuff isn't categorized where it says it should be... but in terms of testing things, I'd need to remember in my rare and brief aftercore sessions to check through them. :) Unfortunately, I've been forgetting magnificently to do my aftercore things.
[ramble]On a positive note, I think I did fix the (hopefully) last ingredient bug in my EatDrink, so if it tests well for a rollover or two, I can move on to my next project. Which is... retrieving coinmaster items? Anyways...[/ramble]
So, roippi... what were you envisioning me doing here... Just validating the quality of items that don't fit properly with expected average adventures?

roippi

Developer
So, roippi... what were you envisioning me doing here... Just validating the quality of items that don't fit properly with expected average adventures?

Mostly an attempt at humor; you're responsible for several large "fix the data file" patches already. :)

Theraze

That's mostly tied into me being the person who picked up the EatDrink mantle and so noticing when it decides to chow down on junk items over and over when better stuff is just waiting there. :) When I get annoyed enough by wrong items, I start (trying to go) checking for problems and changes.