Feature Raveosity, Hobo power, Clownosity (and mod max incomplete)

Ruby Eyes

So, after getting levels and items from that haunted sorority house, I went to the volcano island, still dressed up in my hodgman gear.

First thing I noticed:

Modifier Maximizer does not consider the glowsticks from ancient SSPDs when looking for raveosity items, even though these do give raveosity, and mafia "knows" it.

Second thing, after I equipped them manually:

The counter for Raveosity on the left side of the main window, below all the other stats, did not show up.
It still showed the hobo power from the pork pie hat, but no Raveosity. I thought it may have been removed, I tried to find anything in the cli (e.g. "get raveosity" but, as you probably know anyway, these don't exist). After a while it occurred to me to remove the hobo power by equipping another hat, and bang, there was my Raveosity counter.

It's rather unlikely, but totally possible that someone does the fun house e.g. with a rave whistle equipped, so:

Clownosity won't show in that case either, the Raveosity counter takes precedence.

So, hobo power > raveosity > clownosity. Is there a specific reason to not have each of them show up when >0?
If this is not considered a bug, then it's a feature request: Please show them all, it's max 3 lines!

slyz

Developer
I can't really help with the glowsticks, since I don't have any.

Regarding the modifier labels in the compact side pane, I think it was done so that there aren't any gaps in the list shown. To avoid things like this:
Code:
Meat: +50.00%
Item: + 150.87%

Rave: 1/7

Bees: 2
or this, where the modifiers are always shown even if they are zero:
Code:
Meat: +50.00%
Item: + 150.87%
Hobo: +0
Rave: 1/7
Clown: 0/4
Bees: 2

I did manage to modify CompactSidePane.java to show all of the non-zero modifiers among these, but it's a horrible hack that barely compiles, from a programmatic standpoint. I'll just leave the patch here so that someone who actually knows Java can have a look at it and turn it into something that makes sense.

EDIT: patch replaced with a slightly less horrible one.

Attachments

• sidepaneModifiers.patch
    5.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: