Bug - Not A Bug Rain Man page overlaying other pages

pithlit

If you issue "/cast rain man" in the chat box, the skill page overlays your current page. A screen shot is attached of the Familiar page exhibiting this behavior, however I have also seen it on fight result pages.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 74

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you are referring to the chat box in relay browser, then this behavior has absolutely nothing to do with KoLmafia.
Try it logged in without KoLmafia. I'll wager you will see exactly that effect.
Then report the KoL bug.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Make sure to keep track of which page you cast it from, if you're going to try figuring stuff out. The results were inconsistent enough whether or not I used mafia that I stopped looking into it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Glad to. Considering that when you do "/xxx" in the chat in the relay browser, it is KoL itself which processes the command and fetches the page with the result, I'm pretty confident that this is not a KoLmafia bug.

pithlit

Understood. I'm at 40 drops right now so it won't be too long. I will log out of Mafia, log into KoL from my broswer (FF), pull up the Familiar page, and then use "/cast rain man" in the chat box.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Glad to. Considering that when you do "/xxx" in the chat in the relay browser, it is KoL itself which processes the command and fetches the page with the result, I'm pretty confident that this is not a KoLmafia bug.

Mafia does add things like the CAB to noncombat pages (but only for people that use the CAB), so it is possible for mafia to be the cause, but since I was able to reproduce it sometimes outside of mafia and not consistently in mafia, I stopped trying to track it down.

pithlit

So I'm not even sure how to relay this, but here's how it went:

I logged into KoL via FF, and ran the test. Sure enough, it happened. So Veracity was correct. However after the first time, it behaved normally. Even after logging, closing the browser, relaunching the browser, and trying it again the issue didn't occur.

But when I logged back into Mafia, fired up the relay browser and tried it, I got the issue with the overlay. So I logged out of Mafia, launched FF again, and repeated the test. It behaved normally. Log back into Mafia, and the overlay problem occurs. Weiiiiird.

In any event, I've logged the bug in KoL since it did happen there the first time I tried it. Thanks for all the help, and Veracity? I guess I owe you unnamed stakes!