Bug - Not A Bug r16495 - Mafia tries choice other than what's in preferences

Fluxxdog

Code:
> choice-goal

Requested choice (5) for choice #1116 is not currently available.
choice 3: Look for some blood (fill bucket by 10-15%)
choice 4: Raid the bar (acquire cocktail ingredients)
choice 6: Raid... your way... out of the hotel (leave)
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

> get choiceAdventure1116

All the debug gives is:
Code:
> choice-goal

<b>choice 3</b>: Look for some blood (fill bucket by 10-15%)
<b>choice 4</b>: Raid the bar (acquire cocktail ingredients)
<b>choice 6</b>: Raid... your way... out of the hotel (leave)
<a href=main.php target=mainpane class=error>Click here to continue in the relay browser.</a><br>
Tried looking at the HTML to see is something was amiss:
Code:
What will you do with this opportunity?<center>
<form style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;' name=choiceform3 action=choice.php method=post><input type=hidden name=pwd value='xxx'><input type=hidden name=whichchoice value=1116><input type=hidden name=option value=3><input  class=button type=submit value="Look for some blood"><br><font size=-1>(fill bucket by 10-15%)</font></form>
<p><form style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;' name=choiceform4 action=choice.php method=post><input type=hidden name=pwd value='xxx'><input type=hidden name=whichchoice value=1116><input type=hidden name=option value=4><input  class=button type=submit value="Raid the bar"><br><font size=-1>(acquire cocktail ingredients)</font></form>
<p><form style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;' name=choiceform6 action=choice.php method=post><input type=hidden name=pwd value='xxx'><input type=hidden name=whichchoice value=1116><input type=hidden name=option value=6><input  class=button type=submit value="Raid... your way... out of the hotel"><br><font size=-1>(leave)</font></form>
<p></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center></div></div></body><script src="/ircm_extend.js"></script><script src="/onfocus.1.js"></script></html>
I checked my logs, and sure enough, the first time I encountered choice 1116, it chose 5 and raided the hotel. On a whim, I tried this:
Code:
> set choiceAdventure1116=4

> choice-goal

choice 3: Look for some blood (fill bucket by 10-15%)
choice 4: Raid the bar (acquire cocktail ingredients)
choice 6: Raid... your way... out of the hotel (leave)
Click here to continue in the relay browser.
I was not encountering this with r16490. I also restarted mafia and it happened again.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

From log:
Code:
Encounter: The Floor Is Yours
Took choice 1091/3: empty lava bottle -> full lava bottle
choice.php?whichchoice=1091&option=3&pwd
Had it happen with this choice also. I had it set to choice 2, but it kept picking 3, which did nothing since I had no empty bottles, which caused it to return to the same choice and loop. Other choices worked fine. I'm going to try a re-build and try again.

EDIT: Rebuild didn't cause trouble with this choice adventure. Will retry the Ice Hotel.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

Seems my last message didn't post. I tried the Ice Hotel with the rebuild and had no problem. Please mark Not a Bug. Very sorry for the trouble.

Not sure what caused the behavior :p

Fluxxdog

I think I narrowed down the problem. I had goals for gift certificates set so it would stop running once it had turned in the bucket. IIRC, I remember somebody mentioning that if you have an item goal and a choice will directly contribute to that goal, it'll always choose that. It seems that choice manager does not recognize choice 1116/5 only has a 1/day limit.

If so, this is a bug after all. It should not be overriding with a choice doesn't exist.