Bug - Fixed r11317 - Out of Memory error

Fluxxdog

Got a seemingly random bug. Debug log and last 3 turns prior to bug attached. I've not seen an Out of Memory error in a long time. Just let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120724.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 63

roippi

Developer
VI really doesn't like whatever encoding you used on that text file.

r11319 probably fixes your problem. I don't have a particularly good idea of where the memory leak is, though. If anywhere.

Bale

Minion
Rushed through using Notepad as opposed to Notepad++

Use editpad lite to replace notepad and never have such regrets again. It's awesome for vanilla text editing when I don't want the features of notepad++ or OpenOffice. Seriously, does anyone actually need three different text editors? Need or not, I've got them.

Fluxxdog

Thanks Bale. In my case, I just need to edit my extensions to have TXT files opened by ++ by default. And I STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT!

Shift-right click, Open with, Choose default program, and... problem solved for good.

holatuwol

Developer
Seriously, does anyone actually need three different text editors?
If it makes you feel any better, I use eight (edit: nine, realized that I left AbiWord installed to edit weirdly corrupted Word documents that neither LibreOffice nor TextMaker could open since it actually happened just now!) different ones for editing not-code documents.

general purpose: (1) Sublime Text for general purpose use, (2) Beyond Compare's built-in editor to do simple merges of text files, (3) nano in case I need to edit something in a terminal window, (4) vi in case I want to go to a specific line number in a big document and start editing from there, and (5) sed if I want to do a simple regex search and replace on a big file. The last one isn't really a text editor, though.

word processing: (1) Texmaker for working with LaTeX documents, (2) TextMaker from SoftMaker Office in case someone sends me a .doc, (3) LibreOffice Writer in case someone sends me a .docx, and (4) AbiWord in case neither of the above can open a .doc or a .rtf (it has better handling of semi-corrupted documents).

Last edited: