Bug - Fixed Quests -> Tower (complete) fails to recognize defeat of your shadow

Nappa

If you have the effect Can Has Cyborger active (probably same with Oh Hai! and Yes, Can Haz) while you execute the tower script, Mafia fails to recognize the defeat of your Shadow and stops.

My guess would be that the win is parsed from the 'gain X muscle' text or something similar, and that it just fails to parse the modified stats texts:
You gain 72 muskewlairtees
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 45 mistikkaltees
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 106 mawksees

Don't know exactly which build this happened in (I'm usually running one of the latest hourlies), but it happened twice in a few recent ascensions. Just didnt think of reporting it before.

Fluxxdog

Line 2039 in SorceressLairManager.java:
Code:
		if ( SorceressLairManager.QUEST_HANDLER.responseText.indexOf( "a veritable volcano of fey force" ) != -1 )
Just need to see what's different with Can Has Cyborger.

Theraze

Weren't all of the massive text-mangling considered unsupported? I know I've seen that mentioned for anapests and the staph repeatedly, but SBIP has had support given... sometimes.

The usual response though is... If you want it to work, stop doing that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
My guess would be that the win is parsed from the 'gain X muscle' text or something similar, and that it just fails to parse the modified stats texts.
We recognize a win from the WINWINWIN comment in the text of the fight page.
We parse stat gains of the sort you mention.

I'm willing to look at a DEBUG log of the final (winning) round of the battle to see what's up, but, without that, nothing will be done for this.

Edit: I see that in this particular case, we do NOT look for WINWINWIN. Seems like doing that would fix it.

Revision 12563

I am still curious to see what the Can Has Cyborger version of the "veritable volcano of fey force" message is, though. I bet it's funny.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Are you certain that there is a WINWINWIN message? I know that some other puzzle battles don't give that message.

Bale

Minion
I was afraid you'd ask that. I remember that it came up once before that WINWINWIN was missing, unfortunately I cannot remember when.

Edit: I've been doing some forum searches that are making me doubt my memory.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, you know. I'll try this out myself in a week or ten days. I figure I'll kill Falls-From-Sky for the third time on Sunday, gaining my last factoid and getting my final Dreadsylvania outfit piece. I'll then ascend into a BIG! AT ascension - to allow me to do the handful of things I want to do as that class in Dreadsylvania - and will hit the Shadow again by Wednesday or so.

I have a Crimbo P.R.E.S.S.I.E., so I can make myself some metallic foil cat ears. I'll do the shadow wearing them and will get a debug log. This will let me see the special message (we assume) that LoLcatspeak applies to that battle, and also whether or not there is a WINWINWIN message.

I will be astonished if there is not, but I will have everything I need, to figure out what's up with this bug report, regardless.