Feature - Rejected Popup when stat changes and allows item to be equipped

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
A suggestion from a clannie.

Currently, after a stat gain, mafia will report that you can now equip X and possibly other things. He would like to be explicitly notified when he can equip certain items. His suggestion was a pop up that contained a link that would let him then equip the item.

His idea was that he would make a list of items and the pop up would occur the first time a stat was high enough anything in the list.

As I think about it, since this is just triggering a notification when a stat first crosses a threshold it might be feasible (although beyond my current expertise) to do this as a relay script.

His use case was equipping the Stainless steel scarf in softcore the instant it was possible.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Master relay override, I'd imagine?
So...
Code:
buffer page = visit_url();
matcher m = create_matcher("You gain (?:a|some) (Mysticality|Muscle|Moxie) points?", page);
if (m.find())
{
    stat gained = to_stat(m.group(1));
    // do stuff
}
page.write();

Presumably where it says "do stuff", you'd insert some JS that'd create the popup on load.

I've never actually written one before, so I have no idea how it'd work, or if this is even valid syntax.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Thread is being closed as "Rejected" since an ash alternative is available and no additional users have asked for this feature. Please feel free to "bump" to re-open if additional users desire this feature.