Feature - Implemented PandamoniumRequest and "panda" command

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We should finish PandamoniumRequest to do all of the various actions with NPCs in Pandamonium. Then, using that, implement a "panda" command for the CLI:

panda moan -> go to Moaning Panda Square
panda comedy insult
panda comedy observational
panda comedy prop
panda arena give NAME ITEM
panda temple

Theraze

Anything similar to work off?

Also, should the panda comedy commands auto-equip the relevant item if they're owned?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
ClanLoungeRequest.java is a class that provides various places to visit (pool table, crimbo tree, looking glass, and so on) and various things you can do at each one (3 pool stances, send/receive fax). That's a model for what to do with the request:

define 4 places - MOAN COMEDY ARENA TEMPLE.
define 3 insult types - INSULT OBSERVATIONAL PROP
define 4 bandmembers - BOGNORT STINKFACE FLARGWURM JIM
provide constructor with 1 argument - int place
provide constructor with 2 arguments - int place int insult
provide constructor with 3 arguments - int place int bandmember int itemid

and, based on the arguments, set up the form fields appropriately.

For a model command, look at MushroomFieldCommand, perhaps.

Theraze

Eh... I can tell from the mess I'm making currently that this is beyond my current Java levels. :(

I'll try to poke it more when I'm less likely to end up with something horrible that you'd just have to rewrite completely. :) If someone else hasn't finished it yet.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll submit something soon. I want this out of the way so I can finish up a new release.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8948 adds the panda command as spec'ed above. Untested, insofar as actually submitting requests to the server, but I did verify that the various forms of the command turn into requests with what appear to be the correct URLs.