Bug - Fixed Overlapping image and text when entering Dungeon Fist.

ereinion

I get this when I enter the Dungeon Fist arcade game:
UiVCVGKl.png

I suspect a relay-script or something is the culprit, but couldn't find any obvious suspects in my relay folder, or by doing a search for "dungeon fist" here on the forums. Have any of you got any suggestions on where I could begin to check?

Bale

Minion
I can tell you that the image in question is /src/images/otherimages/arcade/DungeonFistMap.png and was added in r8505 by Jason to make the game cooler and more reminiscent of Gauntlet. It shows all the rooms that you navigate through in the text. You can turn it off by disabling game hints in Preferences -> Relay Browser -> Provide Hints for Arcade Games

Unfortunately I cannot remember if it was supposed to look like that. It's been a while since I played it.

Could you turn off the CAB and tell us if it looks the same?

Last edited:

ereinion

Hmm....

Without the CAB it looks like this:
, or this: , or this:
depending on the position of the rightmost slider. With the CAB active, there is only one slidebar, but the image stays in one position (over the text). Seems I probably should have posted this in the bugs forum in the first place? :p

Darzil

Developer
I think it's related to the way CAB and Stationary Buttons handle the scrolling, and how this content is added. I'm sure it won't be too hard to resolve for each case. For Stationary Buttons the page normally ends with a </div> saying where the content ends, then a </div> saying where the page ends, and then has </body>. It is the same for CAB. It might be as simple as adding the image just before the </div></div></body> if it exists, and otherwise </body> as it does now.

Fortunately accessing this is trivial, so no need for HTML, thanks. Without CAB or Stationary Buttons it works fine.