Bug - Fixed Organ Grinder cannot count parts without turns

Bale

Minion
It seems that the Knob Organ Grinder won't increment _piePartsCount if the fight does not take a turn. Specifically, he did not increment when I was using wax bugbears.

I had 1/5 parts until my next pie. Then I fought 3 wax bugbears without the count changing. When I fought my 4th bugbear and gained a badass pie something very strange happened indeed.

Upon gaining my pie I had -1/10 parts until my next pie. Checking _piePartsCount it appears to have a negative value!

Code:
> get _piePartsCount

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's not surprising that it got set to -1. One section of code sets it to -1 when it sees the pie, a later section is supposed to add 1 for using it and bring it back to 0. Wax bugbears take a turn to fight, and mafia knows that, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I rearranged some of that code recently, it's possible I broke it.

Edit: I can't reproduce this with the organ grinder, though I can't get any wax bugbears to fight right now. The only thing I can think of (though I wouldn't expect you to overlook it) is adventuring with Anapests active or something.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I actually used my organ grinder to get a pie today, and I saw this issue. Comparing the fight text to what mafia was looking for showed that some of the messages take into account the monster's gender, and in making the messages SBIP-proof I made them gender-specific. Fixed in 11310.