One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Theraze

Any chance you've tried to modify the script file to be better for BHY runs? That could explain why it's not allowing you to wear the outfit... also, check if you actually have a bullet-proof corduroy in your inventory. If you manage to screw it up by selling/pulverising your last one, it can break the script. If so, you'll need to go to the unhydrated desert until you get another set. Just remember, it will only drop if you have NO uniform bits in inventory... closet all of them first.

Tipmon

Yeah, I figured something went wrong and it wasn't trying to get them itself.....and it wasn't! So I bought them (and 2 other items that the error said after I had the corduroys) and now it seems to be working just fine.

Theraze

After the battle starts, it won't try to re-acquire either of the outfits anymore... it's past that point and there's no guaranteed way (in HC) to get them without costing adventures.

Tipmon

I suppose that makes sense......it would make more sense if I knew anything about programming(which I do want to try my hand at but don't know where to start >.> it is a little overwhelming).

Theraze

Found an interesting bug today... if you have to manually finish off your 5th LFM fight and rerun the script, it will try to obtain 5 more barrels, because the initial visit to the guy will turn in your 5 barrels, then it will try to obtain up to 5 from 0... Changed the first visit like this:
Code:
  // visit the crazy bomb guy
   if (item_amount($item[barrel of gunpowder]) < 5) visit_url("bigisland.php?place=lighthouse&action=pyro&pwd=");
If you have barrels of gunpowder already, you don't need to do the initial visit... I could have changed it to <1 instead. But <5 should make it avoid this bug properly.

Edit: Just noticed a typo in the changelog... it says that 1.5.8 came out in 09, but unless something weird happened with time, it was actually 10. :)

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I saw the same bug but didn't really follow through with anything. It turned in the gunpowder on the last adventure and then it repeated the quest for barrels.

Theraze

Going to declare that as a working fix. Same thing happened today, needed to manually kill the 5th LFM.
Step 4: Lighthouse sidequest
You need 2 more reodorant to continue.
Mood swing complete.
Putting on outfit: Backup
Equipment changed.
You have 5 barrel of gunpowder, no adventuring necessary.
Putting on outfit: War Hippy Fatigues
Equipment changed.
Visiting the lighthouse keeper with 5 barrels of gunpowder.
Visiting the lighthouse keeper with 0 barrel of gunpowder.
You acquire an item: patchouli oil bomb
You acquire exploding hacky-sack (2)
Step 4 completed!

ModeSix

I seem to be having a problem setting the preferred template I want to use. I am trying to use the fastest method and it keeps defaulting to optimal no matter how I put the setting into use fastest.txt.

Can you please provide an example of how this should be entered and where?

I am putting it in "myname_prefs.txt"
I have to create the entry for warplan.

I've tried:
warplan=fastest
ocw_warplan=fastest

I've done this in both the txt file and in the console window. It will always default to optimal.

Winterbay

I do believe that it's a zlib-variable. As such you need to type "zlib ocw_warplan = fastest" into the CLI to set it.

Dresden

hey, umm... i realize this is going to be a noobish question, and there's probably somewhere in the forums that explains it, but when I try to run the script, it says internal checkpoint created after starting the war, and then nothing else. What's going on?

P.S. Trying to run SmartStasis or zLib asks me to input a value for string setval. What does that mean?

P.P.S How do I "choose" what route I want to take?

Last edited:

Dresden

I see, thank you. I managed to figure out what was the problem with mine. But now, I've run into another problem. Does this support feast of boris enconuters, or will it throw off the script and ruin it?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Fist Run. I forgot to reset ocw_change_to_meat to false so I donated when I did not expect to. Not a request for change as much as a warning for others who use the script in Fist runs. If there are enough of us and we also use Bale's NewLife then maybe we could petition him to expand his work to include setting script variables.

Theraze

Eh, or you could use the copy of Wossname I've attached here. I've mostly got various fixes for Wossname getting stuck trying to adventure forever with 0 adventures left (filth), curing beaten up if you can, and equipping your good gear for the Sky and a few other places like that... but it does also avoid auto-donating if you're in WotSF. I'd prefer not to need to remember to change the variable later, and it's not that difficult to fix it as I've done. :)

I'd prefer Newlife and other scripts like that not damage my settings for scripts based on my path. If a script needs to be aware of a path, I'd rather it get updated to be aware of the path... Point of personal preference, I suppose.

Attachments

• Wossname.ash
    32 KB · Views: 40

lildrummerninja

I'm having some trouble with this script. It's been forever since I last used kolmafia (over a year), but the script won't load. I didn't have any problems with it the last time I used it. I do, however, have version 14.8 (the most recent?) I have the script and zlib in the scripts folder. The message it keeps giving me is: Function 'to_Phylum(string)' is undefined. This script may require a more recent version of kolmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (zlib.ash, line77)
Thanks