Bug - Won't Fix On the Trail does refer to a wrong (previous) target

FCP

XP, SP3, FF15.0.1, build 11514. Had switched back from Java 7 to 6.35.

In the relay browser olfaction is cast e.g. on an unemployed knob goblin. Olfaction is shown in relay browser's combat window. But in the effects column a different target is shown (e.g. snow queen), that was targeted in a previous session or even some days before. Switching back to KM On the Trail [snow queen] is shown (for the wrong target), as well.

In the same session it is not possible to switch to another target, i.e. after having targeted a dairy goat in the relay browser, snow queen is shown with the effect, again.

After roll-over this behavior still persists.

No debug log.

But the session log indicates that On the Trail is effective for the actual monster targeted in the fight (goblin), i.e not the one that is shown with On the Trail (snow queen).

Attachments

• olfaction gone wrong.JPG
    olfaction gone wrong.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 52

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So the issue is that you have Just the Best Anapests active when you cast Olfaction.
That would have been a good thing for you to mention.

FCP

Please accept my apologies for not giving that information. It was quite late when I wrote the post.

Although I have noticed that Just the Best Anapests does not allow the Wild Hare additional adventure counter to work correctly, I did not suspect Just the Best Anapests. I have been using On the Trail in combination with Just the Best Anapests for quite some time. It has never been an issue. Suddenly the reported behavior occurred. That's why I did not mention it. I thought that this was introduced by recent changes, either in Kol or in KM.

But when I think about it now (a different self due to some hours of sleep), it starts to make sense - I had recently changed the sequence of zones; before some zones where not visited before the Just the Best Anapests wore off. And so it is (just tested it). It is a fit.

Is this a bug after all or does it fall under "this is just what Just the Best Anapests does to us"?

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Casting Olfaction used to update the targeted monster as long as you didn't already have the effect active. I recently changed it to check the response to make sure it actually worked, so that's probably the change you are seeing.

I don't think it's worth fixing all the issues that Anapests causes.

slyz

Developer
Maybe we should add it to the list of effects removed when "remove malignant status effects" is checked.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That setting is off by default, so people would still run into the issue. Since having it on means auto-using resources, I wouldn't want to change the default or have people default to changing that setting just to deal with Anapests.

It seems like something that should be removed by default, with a way to turn that off (someone might be using an ultracolor shirt or something).