Bug - Not A Bug ode for nightcap

Normally throughout my day when I go to drink, mafia kindly asks me if I'd like to cast Ode.

When I reach the end of the turns I'd like to spend and go to overdrink, mafia asks if I'd like to overdrink.
I say yes, and without asking, mafia casts Ode.
Is this intended behavior? MP is precious and just because I have 50 doesn't necessarily mean I want to spend it.

Winterbay

Mafia also automatically casts ode if you have >50 MP and the ode you have cast before you started drinking runs out while you still have drinks left in the queue. Given this information I think it is intended behaviour, and I have no idea if there is a way to tune this or not.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Working as intended: if you know Ode and have at least 50 MP, it casts it for you before consuming booze.

Nifft

The reverse is also true - if earlier in the run you tell it "Yes, it's ok to drink this drink without Ode", later on it will NOT prompt you again even if you've reached a point where you can now cast it...

Working as intended: if you know Ode and have at least 50 MP, it casts it for you before consuming booze.

Is there a way to stop it from doing this? I looked in the Preferences but didn't see anything.
Or at least, when given the message "you will run out of Ode, is that ok?" and saying yes, it's okay, should revert mafia to a state of "ask before cast"

Though ideally, I think it would be nice to ask me before -ever- autocasting a skill, unless I have buff balancing on (which I do not)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
It looks like using the CLI command "overdrink" will make Mafia skip the part where it automatically casts Ode (as well as the part where it asks whether you want to continue without Ode).

Bale

Minion
It looks like using the CLI command "overdrink" will make Mafia skip the part where it automatically casts Ode (as well as the part where it asks whether you want to continue without Ode).

OH! That's real nice to know. Normally I drink in the relay browser when I'm so suboptimal or meat starved that I don't want to cast ode.

OH! That's real nice to know. Normally I drink in the relay browser when I'm so suboptimal or meat starved that I don't want to cast ode.

... this just goes to show how completely dependent on mafia I have become. I normally did do most of my consumption from the chat pane in the relay browser, but the ease of mafia's inventory manager has caused me to forget the names of drinks that I have already crafted. I suppose I'll have to relearn KoL.

Thanks for the hint about overdrink, I didn't even know that command existed.