New Content October IOTM - Autumn-aton

Crowther

The image names for the upgrades are: base_blackhat, cowcatcher, dualexhaust, leftarm1, leftleg1, periscope, radardish, rightarm1, rightleg1

None of which exactly match the text when you find them.

EDIT: remove spaces that aren't in image names.

Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Yeah I could definitely use debug logs for finding each one. I think I have almost all of them from @phreddrickk though, if you check the html in the draft PR that's all I've got for now

I'm headed back to the haunted kitchen for drop mechanic spading, but if you let me know which ones you're missing I can set my script to hit up some specific zones when I'm overdrunk.

Aventuristo

Much like with the bowling ball, we can track it with other properties; for the ball, we can look at `bowlingBallReturnCombats`; for the autumn-aton, we can look at whatever property will track when we expect it to return as well.
There's a bowling ball property, hasCosmicBowlingBall, that av-snapshot uses to tell whether the user has a cosmic bowling ball. Is that not a Mafia-maintained property?

gausie

Staff member
That is correct. We will have the same sort of thing for autumnaton

gausie

Staff member
The autumn-aton is "May not be moved out of inventory"..
That is new.
Yes, I handle it in my PR. It's just a reskin of quest item and has been applied to cosmic bowling ball too.

One thing about the item is that a dev has said it uses a flag called "difficulty" that is applied to each location (and if a location doesn't have a difficulty, it defaults to mid).
I am not sure what else this is used for, but for knowing which seasonal drop each location will give we'll need to store this info

QuietMisdreavus

It looks like the [use] link applied to the autumn-aton outside of the inventory doesn't quite work for me. The javascript:singleUse(...) doesn't seem to handle the choice-adventure redirect correctly, whereas the direct inv_use.php link in the inventory does.

I'm running mafia r26823 on macOS. I have the Choice Override script installed, but i don't know if that's messing with stuff. If you need a debug log, let me know and i can make one where i try to click the link.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It looks like the [use] link applied to the autumn-aton outside of the inventory doesn't quite work for me. The javascript:singleUse(...) doesn't seem to handle the choice-adventure redirect correctly, whereas the direct inv_use.php link in the inventory does.
We have the technology to handle that; things like the Orcish frat house blueprints also redirect to a choice.

b bandit

I was playing around with the variables in the latest mafia release, is the autumnatonQuestTurn variable supposed to report the turns remaining, or turns it has done, or something else? I tried to print it out and it was weird.

My code said this:

print("Autumn-aton quests is: " + get_property("_autumnatonQuests").to_int());
print("Autumn-aton is at: " + get_property("autumnatonQuestLocation"));
print("Autumn-aton turn is: " + get_property("autumnatonQuestTurn"));

My result was this:

Autumn-aton quests is: 1
Autumn-aton is at: The Toxic Teacups
Autumn-aton turn is: 496462

Then I adventured one more adventure and it showed:

Autumn-aton quests is:1
Autumn-aton is at:The Toxic Teacups
Autumn-aton turn is:496484

adeyke

It's the turn number during which the quest will be completed. For turns remaining, you'd take that and subtract total_turns_played(). However, that doesn't explain why it changed after that adventure.

Linknoid

I just pulled the latest version 26826, and it has a bug where the autumn-aton doesn't get removed from KoLmafia's inventory when you send it off, so it just keeps incrementing the count each time it returns. If I run "ash $item[autumn-aton].item_amount()" after 1 quest, it returns "2".

I just pulled the latest version 26826, and it has a bug where the autumn-aton doesn't get removed from KoLmafia's inventory when you send it off, so it just keeps incrementing the count each time it returns. If I run "ash $item[autumn-aton].item_amount()" after 1 quest, it returns "2".
Fixed in 26828

snooty

I've sent some debug logs over to gausie, but I'd also like to post some code snippets I've been using for this, in case they end up being helpful at all in development.

This xpath can retrieve the available locations for the autumn-otan. It appears to be based on the locations you've been to this ascension that you can currently access, but its definition of "can currently access" differs from mafias, as does its definition of "you've been to"; free zone intro adventures (as well as cleaver noncombats) appear not to count (other noncombats do), and you aren't listed as able to adventure in the 8-bit realm unless you actively have the transfunctioner equipped.
Code:
const text = visitUrl('inv_use.php?pwd&whichitem=10954');
xpath(text, '//select[@name="heythereprogrammer"]//option[position()>1]/text()').map((name) => toLocation(name));

I've been running this code in essentially an afterAdventureScript to repeatedly send off the autumn-otan to gather html and goods

Code:
function autumnAton() {
  const item = toItem("autumn-aton");
  if (item === Item.none || !availableAmount(item)) return;

const location = Location.get("The Deep Dark Jungle");
  cliExecute("debug on");
  visitUrl("inv_use.php?pwd&whichitem=10954");
  if (availableChoiceOptions()[1]) {
    runChoice(1);
  }

runChoice(2, `heythereprogrammer=${location.id}`);
  visitUrl("main.php");
  cliExecute("debug off");
  cliExecute("refresh inventory");
}
Choice option 1 contains any upgrades you have if they're available, and choice 2, when run with the "heythereprogrammer" parameter sends it off. It looks like option 3 exits.
I dumped this into Bestbetweenbattle with no effect? I assume I did something horribly wrong since ash is like Greek to me, and any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

adeyke

With the support the item now has, automating it to always go to location X should be as simple as:
Code:
if (item_amount($item[autumn-aton]) > 0) {
    cli_execute("autumnaton send X");
}

snooty

With the support the item now has, automating it to always go to location X should be as simple as:
Code:
if (item_amount($item[autumn-aton]) > 0) {
    cli_execute("autumnaton send X");
}
Thanks for the reply! This didn't work for me though, have I put it in the wrong place? I added it to BBB right after the "notify Zarqon" bit.

adeyke

Try sticking it in the bbb function.

Or, you could just add this as an unconditional mood trigger:
Code:
ash if (item_amount($item[autumn-aton]) > 0) cli_execute("autumnaton send X");
(Replace X with the location you want to send it to.)