OCD Inventory control

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh, and another question which doesn't really have anything to do with this script, but why doesn't mafia recognize that I've received a penpal letter before I refresh my inventory? I thought that item was received at rollover, so it should be discovered when I log into the game?
It is received when you visit main.php. KoLmafia logs in without visiting that page, so it is not in inventory until after you visit that page in the relay browser.

Fluxxdog

I've got the out of range issue also. I thought it was being caused by some tinkering I did else where, but today I didn't play with scripts much.
Code:
You cannot transform a chef's hat into a chef-in-a-box. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a filet of tangy gnat ("fotelif") into a gnat lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a fishy fish casserole into a fishy fish lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a gnatloaf casserole into a gnat lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a long pork into a long pork lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a long pork casserole into a long pork lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
transform 112 bird rib into wet stew, 190 demon skin into demon whip, 58 disintegrating quill pen into scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil, 12 enchanted bean into insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito, 16 enormous belt buckle into black belt, 322 hill of beans into insanely spicy bean burrito, 65 hot katana blade into icy-hot katana, 62 large cocoa eggshell fragment into cocoa egg, 250 megatofu into super salad, 117 pile of jumping beans into insanely spicy jumping bean burrito, 66 pirate pelvis into spooky pirate skeleton

transform 220 smart skull into brainy skull, 44 tassel into sequined fez

Verifying ingredients for wet stew (112)...
You need 17 more lion oil to continue.
Verifying ingredients for demon whip (190)...
Creating demon whip (190)...
Creation failed, no results detected.
Verifying ingredients for scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil (58)...
You need 39 more inkwell to continue.
Verifying ingredients for insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito (12)...
Verifying ingredients for spicy enchanted bean burrito (12)...
You need 12 more spices to continue.
Verifying ingredients for black belt (16)...
You need 16 more black snake skin to continue.
Verifying ingredients for insanely spicy bean burrito (322)...
Verifying ingredients for spicy bean burrito (322)...
You need 322 more spices to continue.
Verifying ingredients for icy-hot katana (65)...
You need 47 more icy katana hilt to continue.
Verifying ingredients for cocoa egg (31)...
Creating cocoa egg (31)...
You acquire cocoa egg (31)
Successfully created cocoa egg (31)
Verifying ingredients for super salad (250)...
You need 250 more mixed wildflower greens to continue.
Verifying ingredients for insanely spicy jumping bean burrito (117)...
Verifying ingredients for spicy jumping bean burrito (117)...
You need 117 more spices to continue.
Verifying ingredients for spooky pirate skeleton (66)...
You need 459 more skeleton bone to continue.
Verifying ingredients for brainy skull (220)...
Creating 208 meat paste...
You acquire meat paste (208)
You lose 2,080 Meat
Successfully created meat paste (208)
You need 164 more disembodied brain to continue.
Verifying ingredients for sequined fez (44)...
You need 44 more teeny-tiny ninja stars to continue.
You cannot transform a chef's hat into a chef-in-a-box. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a filet of tangy gnat ("fotelif") into a gnat lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a fishy fish casserole into a fishy fish lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a gnatloaf casserole into a gnat lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a long pork into a long pork lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
You cannot transform a long pork casserole into a long pork lasagna. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.
use 1 CSA discount card, 22 Warm Subject gift certificate

Using 1 CSA discount card...
You gain 300 Meat
Finished using 1 CSA discount card.
Using 22 Warm Subject gift certificate...
You gain 9,962 Meat
Finished using 22 Warm Subject gift certificate.
pulverize 1 actual reality goggles, 3 asparagus knife, 1 brown felt tophat, 15 cold nuggets, 1 cold powder, 2 crowbar, 7 dirty hobo gloves, 1 Galapagosian Cuisses, 1 Garter of the Turtle Poacher, 12 giant needle, 3 giant safety pin

pulverize 13 guard turtle shell, 29 hot nuggets, 2 hot powder, 1 Knob Goblin pants, 4 punk rock jacket, 4 rave whistle, 3 sewer nuggets, 15 sleaze nuggets, 1 sleaze powder, 15 spooky nuggets, 4 spooky powder

pulverize 27 stench nuggets, 1 stench powder, 205 twinkly nuggets, 61 twinkly powder

6083319162831514461144024441756514268143231261936292 is out of range, returning 0
Pulverizing actual reality goggles...
You acquire an item: useless powder
actual reality goggles smashed.
Pulverizing asparagus knife (3)...
You acquire twinkly powder (2)
You acquire an item: stench powder
asparagus knife (3) smashed.
Pulverizing brown felt tophat...
You acquire an item: twinkly wad
brown felt tophat smashed.
Verifying ingredients for cold wad (3)...
Creating cold wad (3)...
You acquire cold wad (3)
Successfully created cold wad (3)
Pulverizing crowbar (2)...
You acquire twinkly wad (2)
crowbar (2) smashed.
Pulverizing dirty hobo gloves (7)...
You acquire twinkly powder (4)
You acquire stench powder (3)
dirty hobo gloves (7) smashed.
Pulverizing Galapagosian Cuisses...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (3)
Galapagosian Cuisses smashed.
Pulverizing Garter of the Turtle Poacher...
Garter of the Turtle Poacher smashed.
Pulverizing giant needle (12)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (24)
You acquire twinkly wad (6)
giant needle (12) smashed.
Pulverizing giant safety pin (3)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (8)
giant safety pin (3) smashed.
4440291445214391384629143873332231514491144315144741441 is out of range, returning 0
Pulverizing guard turtle shell (13)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (21)
You acquire twinkly wad (19)
guard turtle shell (13) smashed.
Verifying ingredients for hot wad (5)...
Creating hot wad (5)...
You acquire hot wad (5)
Successfully created hot wad (5)
Pulverizing Knob Goblin pants...
You acquire an item: twinkly powder
Knob Goblin pants smashed.
Pulverizing punk rock jacket (4)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (8)
You acquire twinkly wad (2)
punk rock jacket (4) smashed.
Pulverizing rave whistle (4)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (12)
rave whistle (4) smashed.
Verifying ingredients for sleaze wad (3)...
Creating sleaze wad (3)...
You acquire sleaze wad (3)
Successfully created sleaze wad (3)
Verifying ingredients for spooky wad (3)...
Creating spooky wad (3)...
You acquire spooky wad (3)
Successfully created spooky wad (3)
1448114422051444611438 is out of range, returning 0
Verifying ingredients for stench wad (5)...
Creating stench wad (5)...
You acquire stench wad (5)
Successfully created stench wad (5)
Verifying ingredients for twinkly wad (41)...
Creating twinkly wad (41)...
You acquire twinkly wad (41)
Successfully created twinkly wad (41)
Verifying ingredients for twinkly nuggets (12)...
Creating twinkly nuggets (12)...
You acquire twinkly nuggets (12)
Successfully created twinkly nuggets (12)
mallsell 1 "DRINK ME" potion @ 140, 1 bag of QWOP @ 1,800, 31 cocoa egg @ 920, 1 coconut shell @ 565, 4 devilish folio @ 200, 5 dry noodles @ 850, 3 Green Giant @ 3,540, 3 little paper umbrella @ 580, 12 Mad Train wine @ 100, 1 pumpkin @ 10,340, 4 scrumptious reagent @ 950
Sale price for this line: 63,775

mallsell 1 stomach turnover @ 1,645, 78 thin black candle @ 288, 4 transporter transponder @ 3,350, 1 watered-down Red Minotaur @ 401, 1 Ye Wizard's Shack snack voucher @ 550
Sale price for this line: 38,460

Total mall sale = 102,235
Transferring items to store (request 1 of 2)...
Items offered up for sale.
Transferring items to store (request 2 of 2)...
Items offered up for sale.
autosell 69 awful poetry journal, 1 cherry pie, 5 diamond necklace, 3 guard turtle collar, 1 heart of the volcano, 3 magicalness-in-a-can, 220 meat paste, 8 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub, 4 moxie weed, 3 stalk of asparagus

Total autosale = 23,860
622120205201634444145043162202586184143560 is out of range, returning 0
Autoselling items to NPCs (request 1 of 2)...
You gain 20,737 Meat
Items sold.
Autoselling items to NPCs (request 2 of 2)...
You gain 3,073 Meat
Items sold.
stash put 1 d10, 1 d12, 1 d20, 1 d4, 1 d6, 3 d8, 1 designer handbag, 2 divine blowout, 3 divine can of silly string, 1 divine champagne flute, 2 divine noisemaker

stash put 1 Interview With You (a Vampire), 1 liver and let pie, 5 love song of icy revenge, 3 love song of naughty innuendo, 3 sugar sheet

5288152891529015285152863528713962231203311913123231181530014722537563375934176 is out of range, returning 0
Dropping items into stash (request 1 of 2)...
Dropping items into stash (request 2 of 2)...

Anticipated monetary gain from inventory cleansing: 126,095 meat.
Any other information you need?

Winterbay

It is received when you visit main.php. KoLmafia logs in without visiting that page, so it is not in inventory until after you visit that page in the relay browser.

Which is why my login-script hits main.php just to make sure that it gets added to inventory as I want it to.

Bale

Minion
I have no idea what is up with those "out of range" errors. I've never seen that error myself.

Do you know why the crafting is failing? I'm only used to seeing that when I lack an in-a-box and I'm out of turns, but that doesn't seem relevant for some of the crafting fails you guys get.

ereinion

Mine are because I'm not a muscle-class, and thus don't have access to the anvil. In regards to the out of range error, is there anything I can do to help you figure out what is causing it?

And thanks for your clarification, Veracity! I guess I'll have to consider doing something similar to what Winterbay is doing in his breakfast-script.

ereinion

> zlib ocd

Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:

zlib BaleOCD_Ascension = 154
zlib BaleOCD_DataFile = ereinion
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyCloset = 0
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyHangks = 0
zlib BaleOCD_kBay = 1
zlib BaleOCD_MallDangerously = false
zlib BaleOCD_MallMulti =
zlib BaleOCD_MultiMessage = Mall multi dump
zlib BaleOCD_Pricing = max
zlib BaleOCD_RemoveOutfit = 0
zlib BaleOCD_Sim = false
zlib BaleOCD_Stock = 0
zlib BaleOCD_StockFile = ereinion
zlib BaleOCD_UseMallMulti = true
zlib har_gen_defaultocd = true
(If no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type "zlib vars" to see all.)

ereinion

I tried turning that option off and then running OCD Inventory control again, but I still get the out of range thing.

Is the default value of that option "true" by any chance, cause I really can't remember that I've checked it.

Fluxxdog

Code:
zlib BaleOCD_Ascension = 36
zlib BaleOCD_DataFile = fluxxdog
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyCloset = -1
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyHangks = 0
zlib BaleOCD_kBay = 1
zlib BaleOCD_MallDangerously = false
zlib BaleOCD_MallMulti =
zlib BaleOCD_MultiMessage = Mall multi dump
zlib BaleOCD_Pricing = auto
zlib BaleOCD_RemoveOutfit = -1
zlib BaleOCD_Sim = false
zlib BaleOCD_Stock = 0
zlib BaleOCD_StockFile = fluxxdog
zlib BaleOCD_UseMallMulti = false
Yeah, I didn't have false set ever.

Theraze

Here's another possibility... any chance that it's a bunch of unpopular mall items getting their int prices added together and passing the int max and therefore getting out of range?

Also, the kBidTot is an int, but if you have a bunch of high value items, that could easily go into float range...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
r11059 | jasonharper | 2012-05-31 23:21:11 -0400 (Thu, 31 May 2012) | 16 lines

NOTE - CLEAN BUILD REQUIRED!
ASH ints are now Java longs.
ASH floats are now Java doubles.
ASH booleans are now Java BigBoo... no wait, they were fine as they are.
There is no increase in runtime memory requirements; since no Value needs
both int and float content, they can be both stored in the same field.
Known limitations at this point:
* There still isn't a way to get substat or meat amounts beyond 2 billion,
but at least that's now a possibility.
* Ints outside the 32-bit range, and floats outside the single-precision
range, probably cannot be stored in a map file at the moment, nor survive
round-trip conversion to strings.
* Ints outside the 32-bit range, when passed to most library functions, will
simply have the top 32 bits ignored, rather than doing any range checking on
the full 64-bit value (so 2**32+7 is exactly the same as 7 in most cases).
and
r11076 | veracity0 | 2012-06-04 11:03:41 -0400 (Mon, 04 Jun 2012) | 3 lines

ASH stores numbers as longs or doubles. Make it parse numeric input into those
data types, rather than into ints or floats with subsequent coercion.
I'm not sure that "a bunch of high value items" will "easily" go into float range.

Theraze

True, so that shouldn't be it. Unless 6083319162831514461144024441756514268143231261936292 or 574415740235132540157412905 are outside the max range for longs, since those were the numbers given.

Edit: Those SEEM to be outside the Java ranges for longs based on http://www.coderanch.com/t/412003/java/java/Minimum-maximum-useable-values-int but... those are manual numbers and I don't know how accurate it is. Does appear to match http://garygregory.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/what-are-javas-min-and-max-values/ though.

And I have no idea how those numbers were generated. Might have been the to_int("") bug that Veracity just fixed, might be a stockpile of hippo clothing or something similar that's unpopular. :)

Last edited:

tmoi

Crafting multiple items

Hey, is it possible to insert some kind of boolian or other kind of operator to make it to where the script would attempt to craft a random item from a list out of another item. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Linoleum Ore

Craft into a...

Linoleum Crossbow OR Linoleum Staff OR Linoleum Sword

Not a huge deal or anything, but I just like to try and sell items as finished goods rather than as easily obtainable raw materials and I figure that if I am going to choose a set it and forget it kind of option I would want the craft option to be variable.

Is there a way I can enter it that will make that work, or is this just overly complicated/OCD?

By the way, this is the single best script on Mafia. Other things are cooler in some ways, but this one is essential and it always works exactly the way it's supposed to.

Bale

Minion
It is an interesting idea, but it does sound like a lot of work. It would be easier to create a separate script to do that, than to fold its functionality into OCD.

I'm really happy to hear it works so well for you. Every time someone tells me they like OCD so much I feel that my real-life karma is overflowing.

Theraze

Probably the easiest thing would be to run OCD's data through a script which modifies which of the possible items OCD will make based on how many you currently have in your store. Since you can see how many items you have in the store rather simply, if you file_to_map the OCD data, poke it however you desire, and then map_to_file it back. Just run your balancing script however often you like and OCD will make whatever you've told it to. You might end up with 40 linoleum crossbows this time, but that just means that the swords and staves will be more popular for the script to craft for the next month or eight.

Breaking it up and making it do multiple items on the same ascension? Way more difficult... :)

ereinion

I don't know if you're all that interested in trying to figure out what is causing that overflow message I mentioned a couple of posts up, considering it doesn't seem to interfer with the actual execution of the script. But if you are, Veracity's work on debug-logging inspired me to create and ASH- and debug-log for what happens when the message appears. I haven't been able to make much sense of them myself, but just in case anyone here are interested in having a look at them, here they are:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nac3i20rcr3jf0/ASH_20131120.txt
View attachment DEBUG_20131120.txt

Theraze

Unfortunately it appears that the two logs are from different events. The DEBUG log has an autosale total of 280, while the ASH log has an autosale total of 69. Not having joined logfiles does make this much more difficult to compare, especially as it appears that the ASH log, where we'd actually find out what went wrong, doesn't have the error as "out of range" does not appear in it, unlike in the DEBUG log.

Razorsoup

That out of range error doesn't seem to be an OCD error as I can get it without OCD being involved at all. It actually seems to only show up for me when a batch_open & batch_close are involved. For example:
Code:
> debug ash on

> ash batch_open(); foreach startergear in $items[seal-skull helmet, seal-clubbing club, helmet turtle, turtle totem, ravioli hat, pasta spoon, Hollandaise helmet, saucepan, disco mask, disco ball, mariachi hat, stolen accordion, old sweatpants] {if (item_amount(startergear) > 0) put_closet(1, startergear); } batch_close();

228311131416151471917191101471811114711 is out of range, returning 0
Placing items into closet (request 1 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 2 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 3 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 4 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 5 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 6 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 7 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 8 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 9 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 10 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 11 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 12 of 13)...
Placing items into closet (request 13 of 13)...
Returned: true

> debug ash off

My session log for this seems to be pretty normal.
Code:
add to closet: 1 seal-skull helmet

add to closet: 1 seal-clubbing club

add to closet: 1 helmet turtle

add to closet: 1 turtle totem

add to closet: 1 ravioli hat

add to closet: 1 pasta spoon

add to closet: 1 Hollandaise helmet

add to closet: 1 saucepan

add to closet: 1 disco mask

add to closet: 1 disco ball

add to closet: 1 mariachi hat