Bug - Fixed [NPE introduced in r25754, fixed in r25757] net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.ItemManageFrame could not be loaded

VladYvhuce

This showed up in CLI soon after loggin in:
Seeing what's still unrestricted today...
Done checking allowed items.
Session data refreshed.
net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.ItemManageFrame could not be loaded
Debug log included.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211006.txt
    53.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You are running an old version and using Java 8. Would you consider upgrading?

The debug log has two instances of "UnknownHostException: www.kingdomofloathing.com" which suggests to me that the problem is that the computer you were running on could not find KoL. That could be anything from a local DNS failure, KoL being temporarily unavailable or your network connection being unreliable. The knee jerk response would be to ask you to try again because there is nothing for KoLmafia to fix here.

If it is repeatable we can talk about the last time it worked and what has changed on your end since then but if there is a KoLmafia problem that requires code fixes then you will have to upgrade to get the benefit of the fix.

Since the upgrade instructions are in the process of being fleshed out, if you need help upgrading please ask.

chaoticidealism

I'm getting a similar issue. Upon startup, the item manager tab doesn't open, even though I have it set to do so. When I try to open it manually, all I get is an error message on the CLI that says "Error during session initialization". But I'm using KOLMafia r25754 and java 17.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211006.txt
    105.8 KB · Views: 5

VladYvhuce

I'm getting a similar issue. Upon startup, the item manager tab doesn't open, even though I have it set to do so. When I try to open it manually, all I get is an error message on the CLI that says "Error during session initialization". But I'm using KOLMafia r25754 and java 17.
Same. The previous version that I had used was r25750.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211006b.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

VladYvhuce

1: I uninstalled Java 8.
2: I re-downloaded the latest Java 17 and ran a repair on it.
3: Downloaded and unzipped Windows.zip. This created the "KoLmafia-21.10" application. Which when started, says it's configuring Mafia, then doesn't seem to do anything.
4: Tried downloading the r25754.jar from github page.
5: Still getting the error when opened with Java 17. New debug log included.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211006c.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 2

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for upgrading.

@chaoticidealism 's log has some possible Swing issues. Since we changed the version of Swing being used it may be that we missed something. However I am also concerned about getting a null item and what looks like a login failure. The use of the relay browser also points to a recent change as a candidate.

@VladYvhuce's second log also has the getItem issue so the reports are probably related.

It is not happening for me but there are a couple of things I might do differently to try and reproduce.

I'll try and look but it won't be immediately.

VladYvhuce

I just tried downloading a copy of the previous build. r25753 seems to be working fine for me. No errors with that one, and item manager works. So, hopefully that info may help the process.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The change from 25753 to 25754 seems to be support for the new IOTM. A data file format error could be a culprit or changes to how EOLs are handled....

I'm gonna tag @gausie just in case...

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Same here.

KoLmafia r25754, Windows 10, Java 16.0.1

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211006.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 2

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I think this is unrelated to the swingx upgrade. I downgraded the version back to 1.0 in a local build and could still reproduce the error.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
So, one thing that stands out to me is an item name mismatch ("1950 Vampire Vintner wine" vs "Vampire Vintner wine")

Tombot

I'm also getting this error, previous version worked fine as others have stated.

Edit: Here is my debug log thingy

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211006.txt
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah. This should be fixed as of r25757, which should be built in a matter of minutes.

Sorry about the delay.